PDA

View Full Version : purging

VictoriaGotaSecret
August 19th, 2013, 06:13 PM
I usually go from eating and purging to starving but lately I've not only been starving myself for days but had the urge to purge while I'm empty. I really don't know what to ask but my eating habits are getting worse and worse everyday and I don't know what to do

uglyinsideandout
August 20th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Sounds pretty bad. If no one knows it might be time to tell. If you have a therapist or whatever you should bring it up with them. I don't know what the answer is but it sounds like you may need medical help.

1_21Guns
August 20th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Try and regain control of yourself, I know it's scary to feel yourself spiralling further out of control but it may be time to get professional help before you wind up in hospital or worse :hug3:

VictoriaGotaSecret
August 20th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I don't know if dying really matters to me anymore. My thoughts have taken me over and I'm having a hard time not giving into them.

kitcate
September 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
Purging is really bad for your health, it can cause dehydration, tooth decay, damage to the esophagus and even heart failure. If you do that, just avoid washing your teeth after doing it because your stomach has acids that will cause damages and washing after purging only will cause them to act more intensely.

Richee
October 6th, 2013, 01:23 PM
It is really bad for your body I would try to get help and stop doing it.

Katiya
October 31st, 2013, 12:13 AM
If you do that, just avoid washing your teeth after doing it because your stomach has acids that will cause damages and washing after purging only will cause them to act more intensely.

That is COMPLETELY FALSE! You want to rinse your moth and brush your teath after throwing up because letting the acid set will rot them. You need to get the acid off. Toothpaste and water doesn't make anything more intense. Tooth paste is a base, not an acid. It is at annoposite pH level and if anything counteracts the acid in bile.

I was in the hospital with head trauma. It caused me to vomit uncontrollably for weeks despite powerful anti nausia drugs. When I vomited they would come in and rinse my mouth with watered down toothpaste and then rinse again with water. After 2 days I was able to move on my own they asisted me to the bathroom and I had to rinse brush and rinse again.

You definitely want to at least rinse out with water.

Katiya
October 31st, 2013, 12:15 AM
You should get help. If you can't do this on your own there's no shame in having help!