PDA

View Full Version : Easily Triggered?

screamtobeheard
August 5th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I like to consider myself recovered, but I'm also triggered really easily. Every time someone talks about not having eaten or something like that, I get triggered. My boyfriend sometimes forgets to eat, and if he tells me I freak out. When someone else exercises, it triggers me. Especially if it's more than I am. It's ridiculous. Does anyone have any ideas for coping with this? I need to be able to survive without being triggered on a daily basis.

lightPainting
August 5th, 2013, 05:01 PM
something tells me that you have alot of emotion built up inside of you, that you need to let go of in a relieving way.

Deleted User
August 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I'm the same way. I can't really offer much advice because I don't even know how to deal with it. I just have no self control anymore and eat too much so starving myself doesn't happen very often but the disordered thoughts haven't gone away at all. I'm triggered incredibly easily.

uglyinsideandout
August 5th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I've got a great excuse right now for not eating or not eating much but I'll be healed up soon enough and won't have that anymore so I'll have to go back to finding excuses so people won't know. I wish I knew how I could help you but I'm not even trying to recover. Just posting so you know there's others and you're doing better than me if you're even trying.

screamtobeheard
August 5th, 2013, 10:20 PM
something tells me that you have alot of emotion built up inside of you, that you need to let go of in a relieving way.

I guess that could be true. I'm not sure how it's relevant though?

1_21Guns
August 8th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I guess that could be true. I'm not sure how it's relevant though?

I can see how it could be relevant, I often find myself considerably more easily triggered if I feel tense or built up for some reason. All I can say is try your best to rise above it, I turn a blind eye to anything that triggers me which probably isn't the best approach but it's a way I've learnt to deal with it, although even that is easier said than done. I'm pretty sure it gets easier over time, it just takes patience really. I had a friend that would talk to herself aloud whenever she had voices in her head telling her not to eat etc, I found that sort of works too just keep trying :hug3:

screamtobeheard
August 8th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I can see how it could be relevant, I often find myself considerably more easily triggered if I feel tense or built up for some reason. All I can say is try your best to rise above it, I turn a blind eye to anything that triggers me which probably isn't the best approach but it's a way I've learnt to deal with it, although even that is easier said than done. I'm pretty sure it gets easier over time, it just takes patience really. I had a friend that would talk to herself aloud whenever she had voices in her head telling her not to eat etc, I found that sort of works too just keep trying :hug3:

That makes sense, I guess. Thank you.