PDA

View Full Version : Relapse

CastigateMe
July 30th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I do believe I have relapsed. I have turned back to my old disordered eating habits.
I don't think I'm going to fight it this time. I am tired of struggling. I enjoy this sense of familiarity, control, and understanding.

Yugen
July 30th, 2013, 05:15 PM
I think you should fight. Because it's worth it for you in the end. There's always a reward for hard work.

lightPainting
July 30th, 2013, 05:54 PM
just make sure you get all your daily vitamins

blackflag
August 18th, 2013, 08:13 PM
What is it caused by? I did the same thing this summer because my dog died which may seem like not a big deal to some people but that's subjective, my point is it made me very anxious and go back into my disordered habit after two year of eating normally.

1_21Guns
August 19th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Don't give up, you can beat it, I know it's exhausting, I know it's draining and some days it doesn't feel like it's worth the battle but it is, you can win the war.
I know it's a horrible thing to fight, I really do, but don't give up :hug3:

Versae
August 27th, 2013, 05:37 AM
fight! don't ever give up. Even if you're tired, fight it. You have so much control in your body than that you'll ever know. Fight against the anxiety of it. We believe in you!

BookSmart
August 27th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I do believe I have relapsed. I have turned back to my old disordered eating habits.
I don't think I'm going to fight it this time. I am tired of struggling. I enjoy this sense of familiarity, control, and understanding.

I can understand how you feel. For the past few years I've struggled with fighting my eating disorder and I competently know what you mean when you say you enjoy the sense of familiarity and control it gives you. Heck, sometimes it can almost seem thrilling thinking you finally have some measure of control in your life. What I try to do, however, is look at it from a different angle.

There are people in our lives. People who care about us. Do they understand us and why we have eating disorders? Probably not. I'm not going to lie, I'm still figuring that out myself. Even still, they are there for us. They accept us and love us for who we are, even if they have strange ways of showing it.

Eating disorders might hurt us a ton, but to give up fighting would hurt those people who care for us too. I don't know about you, but I hate how this struggle feels. I don't want anybody to have to hurt as much as you, I, or anyone else fighting an eating disorder does. So, keep fighting. If you give up, your going to be hurting not just yourself, but your friends and family too.