PDA

View Full Version : Do I have an eating disorder?

dzietz99
July 28th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I've been thinking about this quite a bit over the past few months. I never have a big appetite. I always eat slower so I get fuller in less time. I never eat after 10 pm. I always eat in small portions. For example, if I'm having a cheesesteak for dinner, I will only eat half of it then wrap the other half for the next day. I'm 13 years old and weigh 100 lbs.

Surreal
July 28th, 2013, 10:57 PM
You're 13 and weigh 100lbs. That very much depends on how tall you are.
I'm 19 and weight 90 lbs, but I don't have an eating disorder ;) It's just because I'm 4'11", though.
From what I've read, you don't have an eating disorder, you just eat a certain way.
How tall are you?

dzietz99
July 28th, 2013, 10:58 PM
You're 13 and weigh 100lbs. That very much depends on how tall you are.
I'm 19 and weight 90 lbs, but I don't have an eating disorder ;) It's just because I'm 4'11", though.
From what I've read, you don't have an eating disorder, you just eat a certain way.
How tall are you?

5'2". Maybe it is how I eat. I just try to restrict myself from eating too much at a time.

Surreal
July 28th, 2013, 11:06 PM
5'2". Maybe it is how I eat. I just try to restrict myself from eating too much at a time.

You can try referring to a BMI chart to see where you are.
http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/tools/bmi_plus/healthy_weight_chart.png

Although I don't think you're at an UNHEALTHY weight, I do think you should pick up eating more. I'm not saying go grab a large chocolate milkshake from McDonald's, but maybe eat some protein or something to add some healthy weight.

There's bad weight and healthy weight.
It seems to me you might just be a slightly picky eater or just really conscious about your weight. As far as having an eating disorder, I don't see that in you. You would be not eating for days or eating a lot at one time and then going to the bathroom to release it =/. If you ever get to that point, let someone know!

Hope this helps,
-Amy

1_21Guns
September 11th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Eating little and often is actually a lot better for your stomach than eating a huge meal so I don't think it's an overly bad thing, the main thing is if you are hungry make sure you do eat, some people are just easily overfaced with food it's nothing unusual

vLiinx
September 16th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Whats Cheese steak? Never heard of it haha.
Personally I like eating in smaller portions. Its easier for the body to handle.
And its advised not to eat anything starchy after 7PM as its difficult to burn off.

Imbody
September 29th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Personally i think you are fine as long as you are eating consistency each day then your fine. For me i also do not like to eat big meals, since small meals are enough to feel me up and i'm happy you are not wasting food, cheesesteak are to good to throw away