PDA

View Full Version : im not much for drawing, but...

Vocabulous
July 27th, 2013, 01:48 AM
i do have other mediums i work with, like welding/forging, stonecarving, glass fusing/blowing, and leatherwork. anyone else involved in any of these mediums?

Seth.
July 27th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Yes most of those. And wood carving also. I haven't done much work with glass yet but would like to.

Vocabulous
July 27th, 2013, 02:47 AM
yeah ive only done a very little bit with wood carving

sure thing 155
September 1st, 2013, 08:40 PM
welding? is that expensize due to resources u need?

i would imagine working with materials is much harder to do

-merged double post. -Emerald Dream

Moth
September 11th, 2013, 11:24 PM
I would love to see some of your work, the closest I come to sculpture is installation work.

Vocabulous
September 15th, 2013, 11:27 PM
I would love to see some of your work, the closest I come to sculpture is installation work.

I'll try to put some stuff on here tomorrow but I only have some really dreadful stone and metal sculptures. And a leather belt if I can find it

unknownuser
September 19th, 2013, 09:35 PM
What kind of leather-work do you do; like leather-work as in sewing satchels and things like that or carving designs into leather?

Vocabulous
September 19th, 2013, 09:38 PM
What kind of leather-work do you do; like leather-work as in sewing satchels and things like that or carving designs into leather?

Mostly knot work (I.E. belts, necklaces, bracelets, etc.)

unknownuser
September 19th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Mostly knot work (I.E. belts, necklaces, bracelets, etc.)
Cool, you should post some of your work when you get the chance.

I've dabbled with some bracelet-making (took old belts and cut them apart and tried to make something somewhat bracelet-like out of them) .

Vocabulous
September 19th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Sorry about the wait

Pic 1 first stone carving. Nothing fancy, just some polished alabaster that I chiseled a design into.

Pic 2(if it uploaded) little steel cardinal. Steel was sandblasted and ground.

Pic 3(if it uploaded) simple shadow of my dog. I make things like this when I'm bored. I'm currently using that design for a life sized 3d version I'm working on. Made of mill steel cut with a plasma cutter by a CNC machine

Ok only pic 2 uploaded. Me and technology don't get along.

All I have at my house is a belt and I don't know where it is. I'll try to find it though

survivor
October 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
I like printmaking and carving

AdrianField
October 26th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Welding is fun especially if you are angry

Vocabulous
October 27th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Welding is fun especially if you are angry

Nothing solves anger issues better then banging on hot metal... And making a knife out of it and stabbing something.

-merged double post. -Emerald Dream.

skittles_was_here
October 27th, 2013, 01:25 AM
yeah

my dad is a glass blower and i love looking at leatherwork

tundravortex
October 27th, 2013, 01:41 AM
I do more anime/manga type stuff

AdrianField
October 27th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Lol yes knives are great

Nothing solves anger issues better then banging on hot metal... And making a knife out of it and stabbing something.
Lol yes

I do more anime/manga type stuff
and me too but welding is more physical