PDA

View Full Version : It Doesn't Count, Does It?

Yugen
July 26th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Okay, so for a few months now my eating has been kind of messed up. My thoughts have been even more messed up though. Going by the references in a book my school counselor had given me, this is what's going on:
I feel pressured to be thin, that I'm not attractive if I'm not thin, I feel guilty about eating, I'm never satisfied with how I look, I constantly think about my weight and what I eat, I prefer eating alone, I count the calories in everything, I feel like I'm out of control when I eat, I feel like I'd be happier if I were thinner, I constantly compare myself and my body to others, I keep my concerns about food a secret, and very often I do lie about what I eat.
However, I don't "diet" excessively, I'm not completely preoccupied with food, I don't abuse any laxatives or diet pills or anything, I don't try to throw up what I ate, and my family isn't at all concerned about how I eat. Just my psychologist and my family doctor, and all the staff at my school.
I guess what I'm trying to ask here, is do you guys think I could have an eating disorder? The questionnaire suggests I have a score of 13/18 which is a definite eating disorder, but I'm unsure. I do eat sometimes. For instance, I just had a small milkshake a while ago. But most of the time I barely eat, and if I do eat, it's something mega healthy. I try to limit my calories to under 800 a day, preferably under 600, which I know is unhealthy. I've lost weight as well. I used to be average, but my bmi is now in the fourth percentile for my age and height. I fit into kids clothes. It just still doesn't feel low enough for me... I don't think I'm anorexic. I eat. I just make sure I only do when people are around to make myself look okay. What do you guys think? I know there are disorders that aren't anorexic or bulimic, maybe I fit into one of those? Or maybe I'm just obsessing over something dumb.

britishboy
July 26th, 2013, 06:49 PM
short answer, yes you do and you eatting habits are extremely unhealthy, would it help if I told you that underweight girls are as unattractive as overweight girls? nobody likes a boney girl! im not saying get fat but you must get to a healthy weight and stay there! your torturing your body!

Yugen
July 26th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Well, thanks for being honest with me at least. I don't know what I'm going to do though.

1_21Guns
July 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Get help, it sounds like you have the help waiting there for you to be ready to accept it, to face you have a problem and move forward towards getting better, the first step to recovery is accepting that something's wrong and deciding you want to get better.
It does sound like (and similarly to myself a couple of years back) you're not completely into the woods yet, you haven't quite fallen into that black hole just yet, but if you don't try and get better you will, and believe me, you don't want to go down there, you really don't. Reach out to the help around you, your school counsellor, or anyone really will be able to help you if you open up, face this before it's too late and everything will be okay, you will learn to love yourself just as you should be :)

jayyy-lmao
July 27th, 2013, 06:37 AM
short answer, yes you do and you eatting habits are extremely unhealthy

Jack's right. You don't have to be skinny to be attractive, and you should try and get help for this.

Yugen
July 27th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the help guys.
I just never thought I'd have a problem. I've always had the mindset "It only happens in books".

unknownuser
July 27th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the help guys.
I just never thought I'd have a problem. I've always had the mindset "It only happens in books".

That's exactly how I (and many people) were...

The first key to recovering from a disorder is accepting that you have a problem.

If you ever need someone to talk to about this stuff, I am open to talk to. I've been down the road a few years ago and I'm still slowly recovering little by little everyday...