PDA

View Full Version : A Guy With Body Issues

TheMaster
July 21st, 2013, 10:36 PM
I've never really liked my body. I remember even as young as the fourth or fifth grade crying my eyes out because the doctor said that I was "verging on being overweight."
To this day as a senior in high school, I'm not satisfied with the way I look. I've lost plenty of weight to the point where people complement me constantly on how I look. But even now I'm not satisfied. I look at my friends with six packs and amazing arms, then I look at my disappointing body and I just feel Godawful about myself. Last summer there was a period where I didn't eat much, yet that was related to an episode of depression I experienced.
Is this something I should talk to someone about? Is this just low self esteem or am I creeping towards anorexia nervosa?

Its Pretty
July 21st, 2013, 10:38 PM
I feel the same way sometimes, man. I dunno what to say :/

Jevon
July 21st, 2013, 10:43 PM
A lot think they have flaws in there body...especially me I was pretty overweight when I was younger and I didn't realize until I was in the fifth and sixth grade when I was made fun of about it...but I have lost a lot of weight since then and I still think I'm big but people say I'm not so I try to believe it...and it mostly works I guess

AyVannah
July 21st, 2013, 11:22 PM
I think it would help to talk about it with someone (preferably a councilor) about this. They really do help. Sometimes it's easier to talk to a non friend or family member about any insecurities a person has :)

unknownuser
July 27th, 2013, 11:42 AM
You have to accept the fact that your body has flaws; everyone does. Obviously you must have some great assets because people complement you. Flaunt the features and characteristics you have that you're proud of and you'll feel a little better about yourself and not constantly focus on your flaws. :)
Life's too short to be constantly putting yourself down because of how your body looks.

If it makes you feel better, work out, tone up, push yourself to run faster, lift heavier, and train harder, so you feel more confident about your body and yourself. Don't cut back on food, you need protein and nutrients to grow strong and muscular- don't deprive yourself.