PDA

View Full Version : Photo-manipulation

Salader
July 7th, 2013, 02:07 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/934991_683242558368266_580832843_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/484687_683242551701600_2113705051_n.jpg

This is what I did today, following BakaArts guides

ImCoolBeans
July 7th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Computer based art is something that I don't have a lot of experience, but I quite like your work.

The second photo is really nice from an artistic standpoint. The graphic background (the binary code) is interesting but does not distract you from the subject of the piece. As a whole, the piece follows a clear theme and sticks to it, which is nice. I think you could have blended the hair (I'm not really sure what machine to call it) a little better; but it doesn't look bad.

Would you mind explaining what you did? I'm interested in hearing about your process.

ASMRCHICK96
July 7th, 2013, 11:52 PM
whoa thats really cool :)

Salader
July 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I followed some guides from BakaArts, but in short i'll give you an Idea on how it works to save you from the 2 hours of tutorials

For the Aquaman, It is a very simple process of putting the render into the canvas and then erasing the arms, after you use a water like brush on its default size and then short it down, after them, add some bubbles to add a little realism to it. I used two blues on gradient for the background and added images of bubbles to it. I lessened the opacity of them and then added a light source and played with the levels

The robot is a bit more complex. When I next do something similar to it, i will note down the steps so I can pass it along to you.

Sorry :P

JasonzZ
September 2nd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Very nice work. I like the second one, merged with a matrix or binary code background. The first one is wicked too. Do you do animations?

Moth
September 11th, 2013, 11:23 PM
I'm more of a oil painter, I've never really delved into digital art, but I've studied it and I find it really interesting. I really find your second image composed well.. You should continue you seem to have a good grasp on it!