PDA

View Full Version : I feel too skinny

Phoenix524
July 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Hi. I'm coming here because I can't seem to find anyone who feels like I do. I hate my body image, but it's because I feel much too skinny. I feel like I look like skin and bones. I am 5'1.25" and 95 pounds. I am an A cup and I often have to wear girls sized clothing. I hate how skinny I feel, but I can't gain weight. I have a medical condition called gastroparesis, I have an extreme case (my stomach takes over 2 hours to digest even a tiny bit of egg salad sandwich, after 2 hours they called it severe and quit the test) so my diet is extremely limited. I do everything in my power to gain weight, but I can't. I am having a lot of body image issues. I would give up anything in the world to be 110lbs. I don't know if this is the right place, I'm looking for body image advice, not medical.

Mob Boss
July 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Hi Mollie!
I'm sorry to hear of your condition. I imagine it's very tough for you to do something so simple as eat. With that said, I read up about your condition. It seems struggling with weight gain is very common with gastroparesis, unfortunately. Fortunately, however, I think I've come across something that might help. As it's difficult on your stomach to digest anything substantial but you need calories, I've found these Nestle products. http://www.nestlenutritionstore.com/departments/supplemental-nutrition/calories/calories?catpath=supplemental+supplemental.4.2&start1=1&rows=1000
These are all liquid based, as far as I know, but they contain quite a bit of calories to aide in weight gain.
I don't know much about the medical field, but I'd imagine there were other tests they could do to further investigate your exact condition. I'm guessing what they performed was a two hour emptying study? When I was reading about it I discovered there are also four hour studies they could do to give you the exact percent your meal moves. Also, have you been put on any special diet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for body image - How you think about your body has a direct negative affect on how you think about yourself. You're beautifu. I truly think you're beautiful and I haven't the slightest clue what you look like. So that goes to show you what your body looks like is no indication of the kind of person you are. Improving your body image will take time, so don't expect to wake up and be perfectly content. Initially you need to accept your body as it is. Whenever you get a negative thought pertaining to your body, think of something completely different or pick out 3 things you like about yourself. Also, remember that your the size of your body isn't nearly as important to others like it is to you.

:hug: You're beautiful, sweetheart. :hug:

Phoenix524
July 4th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Hi Reveuse! I'm not worried about the nutrition part, I'm on the same shakes they give recovering cancer patients, just trying to keep people from telling me "just eat." I have a nutritionist, and they decided the four hour study was irrelevant because it would show the same thing: severe gastroparesis.

What I needed was advice for the second part. Thank you, I don't know how you come up with this stuff, because it seems really obvious now that you say it. I think that the idea of picking out three positive things for every negative thought is a greatone, and that'll work. Thank you thank you thank you. The last time I tried talking about this, people freaked out just telling me to be thankful I wasn't fat.

Mob Boss
July 4th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Hi Reveuse! I'm not worried about the nutrition part, I'm on the same shakes they give recovering cancer patients, just trying to keep people from telling me "just eat." I have a nutritionist, and they decided the four hour study was irrelevant because it would show the same thing: severe gastroparesis.

What I needed was advice for the second part. Thank you, I don't know how you come up with this stuff, because it seems really obvious now that you say it. I think that the idea of picking out three positive things for every negative thought is a greatone, and that'll work. Thank you thank you thank you. The last time I tried talking about this, people freaked out just telling me to be thankful I wasn't fat.

Yeah, I'm really sorry. I read back through your posts and thought, "Oh crap, I just gave her the exact advice she wasn't looking for. So I apologize for that. But, yeah, I think we don't realize the smallest things we can do to help our body image. Because, as we all know, we all have pretty warped body images from media. So, just remind yourself how beautiful you are by your own standards and in your own way. Not others. Also, the beauty you have on the inside is much more important, I'd say. Hope you get to feeling better about yourself. :)

Phoenix524
July 4th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Haha! :P Yeah, it's totally fine. But thank you! I've been looking for quick fixes, but I think the slow and steady method will work wonders. Thank you again :)

Lono
July 21st, 2013, 12:10 AM
don't know if this is the right place, I'm looking for body image advice, not medical.

Cup size is not life.

Bright side to smaller feet, kids boots are cheaper than adult boots in the essentially same sizes but numbered differently.

Not happy with clothing selections, learn to sew. Make your own clothes. Raise your self image from a job well done. Take a class if you want to learn with others.

Respectfully yours,

Lono