PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

lijrobert
June 28th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I joined VT a while back but I'm finally coming back to ask about my problems. Lucky ya'll I've never been skinny (most people think I am now but I'm not so sure), my 'not skinnyness' turned into 'fatness' the summer before sixth grade when I suddenly gained 20 pounds and remained my height of 4'11". In sixth grade I hated myself and I became borderline depressed. I wanted everything to go away. I got better in seventh grade because I found a few friends, but I still hated my body. That summer I grew up to a height around 5'2" and people made a big deal about it, but I didn't see it. Around mid 8th grade year I stopped eating my lunches. I never ate a huge breakfast so dinner became essentially my only full meal. Somedays I would be happy because I lost weight only to be brought down again because it was back the very next day. Every time i ate a sweet I would get made at myself saying "I've messed it up now." I would look in the mirror and suck in my fat as far as I could exposing all my rips. Slowly I got to 120 pounds. I thought I would be happy, but I'm not. People say I'm skinny but I feel like I'm not. I have a fairly low BMI at 19.85 but I still look at myself in the mirror and think that I'm huge. You can see some of my rips, but I still think the way I do. I hesitate to call it anorexia when I hear about the girls who reach extremely low weights, but at the same time I feel that I need help. I'm afraid I may truly become anorexic if I continue the way I am. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm just complaining.

Miserabilia
June 28th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I think you are developing an eating disorder, and you need like a boost to nake you happy about your body, before it gets severe

lijrobert
June 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I think you are developing an eating disorder, and you need like a boost to nake you happy about your body, before it gets severe

Thank you. Can you suggest any actions that would help me.

The-Chosen-Hero
July 8th, 2013, 03:37 AM
For one you need to eat three meals a day. That is breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not to big or to small to maintain a healthy diet and boost your metabolism. Try eating something healthy and not something full of fats and sugar. Like fruit or vegetable. If you are having trouble with your sweet addictions buy some grapes or some other fruit with natural sugar (not to much). Don't feel bad if you are a little thick.

colepuck
July 9th, 2013, 07:08 AM
I'm not sure if this would work for you, but I eat 4 smaller meals a day because it keeps me energized and I don't get sleepy after eating a large meal. So with that 4 meal routine, I go on small runs or jogs whenever I have time. besides balancing out my slight weight problem it keeps me happy.

RosieHollister
July 29th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Well, I'm sure that you're perfect the way that you are, and sometimes you just have to remind yourself of that, so you can see how perfect you are[: To help break this before it gets even worse I would try to add some healthier food in, such as fruit instead of ice cream or something like that, and vegetables instead of fries..that way it's healthy and you don't have to feel bad about it[:

Deleted User
July 29th, 2013, 10:41 AM
For one you need to eat three meals a day. That is breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not to big or to small to maintain a healthy diet and boost your metabolism. Try eating something healthy and not something full of fats and sugar. Like fruit or vegetable. If you are having trouble with your sweet addictions buy some grapes or some other fruit with natural sugar (not to much). Don't feel bad if you are a little thick. I for one prefer a girl who is not to skinny.

The OP is a guy.

Well, I'm sure that you're perfect the way that you are, and sometimes you just have to remind yourself of that, so you can see how perfect you are[: To help break this before it gets even worse I would try to add some healthier food in, such as fruit instead of ice cream or something like that, and vegetables instead of fries..that way it's healthy and you don't have to feel bad about it[:

Okay, I really hate when people say have "______ INSTEAD OF ______" as if that's the be all and end all of a healthy diet. You can eat whatever the hell you want, as long as it's in moderation. Substituting can help with this moderation but it can also, in my experience, lead to more restricting and bad habits when you never want to eat something potentially unhealthy again.

OP, I know it's hard to take this in and learn to accept it but you're fine the way you are and yes, you're probably on the road to developing an eating disorder. But, as someone who has suffered from eating disorders and problems for years, it's just a living hell. It won't make you any happier with yourself -- in fact, often it just makes you feel worse.

Also, another thing, about how you said you'd be upset to find weight comes back the very next day. When it comes down to it, scales are inaccurate. Your weight fluctuates throughout the day. A lot of people don't get this and it makes their problems worse. You can't trust a scale the way so many people think they can. It doesn't reflect how you've been eating on a day to day basis unless there's been some sort of severely large change. And even then, it still fluctuates.

The-Chosen-Hero
July 30th, 2013, 01:09 AM
The OP is a guy.

Lmao what a mistake I made. D: Thanks Magenta :D