PDA

View Full Version : Can't Find Appetite

Aisilinn
June 18th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I can't find an appetite.

At first, it started that I would give excuses. "I already ate." "I'm not hungry."

Then, I began to gain and lose weight. I saw the difference when I began to see my shoulder blades pop out of my shirt. Then I began eating, but nothing real. Cereals, I could stomach. Maybe some fish or something. Nothing too big.

I poke at my food otherwise.

I'm now down to 78 pounds. I'm nearly five feet.

I need help.

winchester
July 21st, 2013, 05:31 PM
I myself am in a similar predicament. Food simply doesn't sound appealing. It's important that you still eat. Try to get at least something small at each meal. Doing so could actually improve your appetite and you could eat more.

I recommend you speak to your GP.

lightPainting
July 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
well maybe you could look at food in diffrent ways. look at food in terms of how it can help you in your health. Google 'health benefits of a cucumber' and try to use that to you advantage

britishboy
July 24th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I can't find an appetite.

At first, it started that I would give excuses. "I already ate." "I'm not hungry."

Then, I began to gain and lose weight. I saw the difference when I began to see my shoulder blades pop out of my shirt. Then I began eating, but nothing real. Cereals, I could stomach. Maybe some fish or something. Nothing too big.

I poke at my food otherwise.

I'm now down to 78 pounds. I'm nearly five feet.

I need help.

just relax and eat when you need to and when you eat, eat something healthy! if you are worried however go see a doctor

Rayquaza
July 24th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I think you need to tell someone and shine light on this situation. At least now you're eating something- but it will eventually come to the point where you'll eat nothing. I'm glad you've realised you need help but as someone who's not there with you to see your eating habits, it's quite hard to tell you what you need to do. The best thing to do is see someone in professional services.

just relax and eat when you need to and when you eat, eat something healthy! if you are worried however go see a doctor

As much as it may seem easily, for someone who seems to be developing an eating disorder, it's not that easy to "relax and eat when you need to". The fact is, she isn't eating when she needs to.

uglyinsideandout
July 26th, 2013, 12:45 AM
I feel the same way. Food isn't something I'm interested in anymore.

Yugen
July 27th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I understand. I find it hard eating anything that I'm not craving at the time.

ArtistInNeed
July 28th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I understand what you mean. I do need to lose weight but thats not the reason I don't eat. I can eat, it just takes me a while to start. Some days I won't eat until close to 4pm and even thats hard to get down :/ food just isnt appealing anymore. Try making or buying pre made healthy smoothies, they usually get me started eating and theyre full of nutrients! I drink Bolthouse farms green juice :)

raphahey
August 7th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Food sometimes isn't very appealing to me either. Try to spice up your meals by adding a drink. I have always found it satisfying to wash what I just swallowed down with a beverage.