PDA

View Full Version : Project on Anxiety Disorders

starbrite5
May 11th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I'm doing a personal art project on anxiety disorders, but I'd like to use other people's experiences and words as well as my own in order to give it some variety and interest. Anxiety can be extremely isolating, and I'm really into projects that let us know that we are not alone in this as well as projects that help communicate what it's like to have anxiety to those without it.

Please only respond to the survey if you have an officially diagnosed anxiety disorder such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Social Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or Panic Disorder. Self-diagnosis is dangerous.

1. What is your diagnosis?
2. How long have you been living with anxiety?
3. How does your anxiety feel (both emotionally and physically)?
4. Is there an experience you've had that you feel best illustrates your anxiety?
5. How have your family and friends dealt with your anxiety?
6. Any other comments you want to make?

Kirino Kousaka
May 11th, 2013, 07:44 PM
1. What is your diagnosis?: Panic Disorder, Agoorophobia
2. How long have you been living with anxiety? 7 years
3. How does your anxiety feel (both emotionally and physically)? I feel like im going to explode inside, and i don't want to move, like at all
4. Is there an experience you've had that you feel best illustrates your anxiety? no
5. How have your family and friends dealt with your anxiety? they deal with it, and they try to support me, but only my dad can really calm me down
6. Any other comments you want to make? no, just a thanks for taking intrest in this horrible thing, and spreading awareness :)

candabear17
May 15th, 2013, 08:33 PM
1. What is your diagnosis? Post Traumatic Strees Disorder (associated with panic disorders)
2. How long have you been living with anxiety? 3 years
3. How does your anxiety feel (both emotionally and physically)? When I have an anxiety attack, I my entire body goes numb. If someone talks to me, I can hear them, but I can't understand what they're saying. I can't really talk either because my brain literally shuts down. I'm not really aware of anything that's around me. If I'm sitting, I can't feel the floor underneither me, so it's like I'm floating. My mind just races, but I can't focus on anything. That's as best as I can explain it.
4. Is there an experience you've had that you feel best illustrates your anxiety?I had an anxiety attack while in a behavioral institute (psych ward) and all I remember was that I was sitting in the corner of the bathroom crying and shaking and thinking to myself "move your hand. Move something on your body. Try to touch the ground to prove to yourself that you're safe. Feel the texture of the ground. It's cold. Hold that feeling and release everything else."
5. How have your family and friends dealt with your anxiety? They don't really know how to :P They pretty much just wait for me to calm down. Once I do, they ask if I'm okay and then move on.
6. Any other comments you want to make? Tell me how your poster comes out :)