PDA

View Full Version : How do you get inspiration?

Hunter_Steel
May 7th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Okay, I am a 3D modeler, and making 3D Models is like a huge passion to me. Most of my models are surrounded around the space battleship scifi genre. And I usually get my inspiration when I look at submarines, already existing designs of space ships, and space battleships, and I also get alot of inspiration looking at Iowa Class Battleships and also the Yamato Class.

It helps me greatly to bring about pieces of art. So I was wondering for the rest of the artists out there, what do you look at for inspiration?

~Hunter

Origami
May 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I seek inspiration through relaxing. Long hikes and nights spent watching the stars. Something simple and yet abstract enough to evoke thought on numerous different levels. Whether it's for literature, digital, or traditional works, I use this method to keep from focusing too much on what I "want" to create.

If I wanted to create a design about computers, I wouldn't look at computers because I'd be more inclined to copy the contours and pre-existing concepts. Instead I look at the furthest thing from it and something new can be born. Eh?

Hunter_Steel
May 9th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Well, most of my inspiration comes from there, but sometimes I look at a car or something completely off the topic of space travel and I get an epiphany lol

Thats when some ground breaking designs of mine appear :D

~Hunter