PDA

View Full Version : Question for older users

jayyy-lmao
April 4th, 2013, 05:58 AM
How do you know the difference between a crush and love?
I only said older users because I would have said they'd know more.

Ryhanna
April 4th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Do I qualify as an older user? lol

I think I do. I think. When I feel love, I feel such an intense desire to be around that person all of the time. When I'm not with them, I'm thinking about them - wondering what they're doing, and pretending they're right beside me. A crush is just.. someone who gives me butterflies in my stomach, but that's all I feel. When I'm not with them, I'm not obsessing over them.

But then again, we always tend to think that we know everything, only to discover that we were wrong all along.

workingatperfect
April 4th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Well, first of all, I think you actually have to know the person to love them. And not just like, you chatted a couple times, I mean you really have to know them quite well. I think you should feel a sense of comfort and security around them. You should want to spend your life with them. Like, with my crushes, I dreamt about what it would be like to be with them now. With the guy I love now, I dream about what our future will be like. But there's more to it that's hard to explain. I think there's also this need to share everything with them when you're in love. Like, when you're out without them you can't help think "I wish he was here with me." Because you want to go through/ take on everything with him.

Gwen
April 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Crush is more of a first sight kind of think, or a love but not quite love. Usually you have a crush on someone you don't know well or someone you don't know at all. Love is much more stronger feeling, you'd jump in front a bullet for them. If you had a "crush" on a celebrity you wouldn't give your life for them or do something stupid (I hope). It's basically different variations of feeling.

Reanne
April 4th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I think a crush on someone is when you think about them all the time and imagine all different situations with them. Love is when your heart aches for someone.

Horatio Nelson
April 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Well, first of all, I think you actually have to know the person to love them. And not just like, you chatted a couple times, I mean you really have to know them quite well. I think you should feel a sense of comfort and security around them. You should want to spend your life with them. Like, with my crushes, I dreamt about what it would be like to be with them now. With the guy I love now, I dream about what our future will be like. But there's more to it that's hard to explain. I think there's also this need to share everything with them when you're in love. Like, when you're out without them you can't help think "I wish he was here with me." Because you want to go through/ take on everything with him.

She hit that right on the head. I feel exactly this way about my girlfriend.