PDA

View Full Version : Damn it, anxiety. Get out of the way!

ReginaGeorge
March 26th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Social anxiety has always interfered with my life, but I feel like it's getting worse and disrupting it even more lately. I feel like I can't deal with it, or at least, not very well. I'm so tired of it. I can't just go to school, talk to and ask teachers questions, socialize with friends, engage in group activities or discussions or even just jokes with teachers, then come home, maybe even have a friend over, or go out, and then feel satisfied with the day.

It just seems to be non-stop, I'm uncomfortable about this, I'm blushing over that, I'm sweating over this, I can't ask a question, I exclude myself from something I want to do because I'm scared of embarrassing myself, and again can't ask a question, can't concentrate, feel like shit. Oh and more self excluding. A few a more unanswered questions. I can only ever really relax at home, which is why I have so much time off school, it's the only place I'm not nervous about something, but it's getting me behind in my work, and I can't ask for help with it, which then stresses me out more.

Why is everything so hard?

It's making me feel more down than usual and my self-harm is becoming more frequent as well.

What the hell do I do?

NTTHRASH
April 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Why is it hard? Because it doesn't come naturally to you, no matter how hard you try, nothing is happening. What do you do? In short, stop giving a fuck about what other people will think of you, and focus on doing what you CAN. Trust me, it's easier to just embrace your anxieties and you will be sooooo much happier!:D

Bluto600
April 11th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Why is it hard? Because it doesn't come naturally to you, no matter how hard you try, nothing is happening. What do you do? In short, stop giving a fuck about what other people will think of you, and focus on doing what you CAN. Trust me, it's easier to just embrace your anxieties and you will be sooooo much happier!:D

It is easier to embrace your anxieties but it still gets in the way.

Its not that simple to not "just give a fuck" because trust me I've tried that, Social Anxiety is a very difficult Anxiety and can disrupt your life and cause you trouble, all the advice I have is try to keep your mind on different things like the hobbies you like and try not to focus on your Social Anxiety, you usually over think which causes you to become nervous and so forth, try not to think to much.