PDA

View Full Version : Confused about my feelings for my best friend.

peaceNlove
March 26th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Okay so my best friend Casey and I have been friends for about 7 months now and we have gotten a lot closer these passed 4 days due to a choir tour. Well, as the days went by I've realized that i wanted to be with him all the time. And on the bus ride home(about 5 hours long) we sat next to each other and since it was late at night we were really tired and i guess we were cuddling some of the time and we would lay our heads together or i would put my head on his shoulders and stuff like that and sometimes our faces would be close together to where it looked like we were close to kissing, and for some weird reason i wanted to, and i say it's weird because even though i feel all this about him, I don't even want to go out with him! This is really confusing because i feel like i love him but I only want to be friends with him. I don't have any desire in going out with him at all. I guess my dilemma is that I'm not sure if I'm really in love with him or just love that he's my best friend. But if it's the second thing why is that making want to physically be closer to him? Im so confused! Any advice will help!

CaliforniaMatt
March 26th, 2013, 02:37 AM
You may just have lust for him, sexual tension from the time you've been spending. It could just be hormones! You could always try masturbating, see if that makes a difference towards how you feel.

peaceNlove
March 26th, 2013, 02:40 AM
This might be some information that could help answer this. It might not help but, my friend Casey is bisexual but seems to prefer guys over girls, but it seems as though he wants to be closer to me too. But I don't think he likes me more than a friend as that is how i feel about him too. But this is not a sure thing though. And also i thought about him the whole day today because we were listening to music on my phone and we listened to Little Wonders by Rob Thomas and when the song ended he suddenly said "thanks for being my best friend". And then we laid each others heads together again. Is it normal to love your friend like this?

peaceNlove
March 26th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Oh yea. I didnt really think of it like that. I could just have lust for him. Thanks so much for the advice!

CaliforniaMatt
March 26th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Try to release some sexual tension, it may make a huge difference, especially after you started feeling like that.

PerpetualMotionSquad
March 26th, 2013, 11:16 AM
It is normal to love a friend like that. I think of two of my friends as brothers! We are always together. I don't lust over them nor want to kiss them though because they're the same sex. But yeah being really close to someone is normal.

peaceNlove
March 26th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks so much! I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. But I guess the reason why I could want to kiss him is because he is the opposite sex. So, if one of your friends were a girl do you think you would want to kiss her even though you're friends? Well i guess not making out but just like maybe a one second kiss. (Oh and if it's weird thinking about one of your friends as a girl what if you just had a girl friend that you were just as close with)

CaliforniaMatt
March 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Yeah, wanting to kiss normal. Don't sweat it, you guys are affectionate

Pazuzu
March 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I know that feeling... it's depressing....

peaceNlove
March 26th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Yeah, wanting to kiss normal. Don't sweat it, you guys are affectionate

Haha that's probably very true. I guess we're just very affectionate friends:) thanks

iwannago
March 26th, 2013, 11:36 PM
if hes bisexual and prefers guys more so then girls he might just see you as one of his really close " girl friends" and he and you obviously are okay with being close and stuff but im pretty sure you feeling are just in a loving non intimate way, think about it this way, would you want to have sex with him? would you want to cudddle with him? i hope this helps

peaceNlove
March 26th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I know that feeling... it's depressing....

It is kind of depressing because you don't really know how to feel or what to think about the other person. What's your situation?

peaceNlove
March 26th, 2013, 11:43 PM
if hes bisexual and prefers guys more so then girls he might just see you as one of his really close " girl friends" and he and you obviously are okay with being close and stuff but im pretty sure you feeling are just in a loving non intimate way, think about it this way, would you want to have sex with him? would you want to cudddle with him? i hope this helps

Don't worry, it helps. But no i don't think i would want to have sex with him, I'd feel uncomfortable and awkward because 1-he's not what I want for a boyfriend and 2-because i love us as best friends, nothing more. But I'd be okay with cuddling with him though.

peaceNlove
March 27th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Okay so, i have a question. Would kissing him be too far for just friends? I feel like kissing him would be a way of showing my love for our friendship. But is that too far? Should I just show him by hugging him. (Again, not making out, just a one second kiss)

Celtic.
March 27th, 2013, 10:49 AM
he might just like you as a friend if he's bi. Usually when i had that kind of connection with friends in either turn out in to something good or something i regret never acting on. Now im not saying you should act on it or anything but try to find a way to see if he likes you back.

peaceNlove
March 27th, 2013, 12:34 PM
he might just like you as a friend if he's bi. Usually when i had that kind of connection with friends in either turn out in to something good or something i regret never acting on. Now im not saying you should act on it or anything but try to find a way to see if he likes you back.

Well, the tricky thing about this situation is that I don't like him more than a friend(I know, it's weird). I just really love that he's my best friend because he makes me laugh and is really fun to talk to and we can tell each other anything. I do know to an extent that he feels the same way because he is usually the one that will hold my hand or put his face close to mine. But I don't know if he likes me because he is always talking about cute guys so it's hard to tell. I'm starting to think that we are just really affectionate towards each other as just friends. Which probably doesn't make any sense, because I've never heard of any friendship like this before.

Wanderer_
March 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
If you don't want him as a bf but a friend don't kiss him like a bf, no more than on the cheek
Are you up for besties with benefits? Is that the relationship you want?

Harry Smith
March 28th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Well, the tricky thing about this situation is that I don't like him more than a friend(I know, it's weird). I just really love that he's my best friend because he makes me laugh and is really fun to talk to and we can tell each other anything. I do know to an extent that he feels the same way because he is usually the one that will hold my hand or put his face close to mine. But I don't know if he likes me because he is always talking about cute guys so it's hard to tell. I'm starting to think that we are just really affectionate towards each other as just friends. Which probably doesn't make any sense, because I've never heard of any friendship like this before.

Hey, I've gone through the exactly some situation you have. In regards to affection it differs completely depending on the people. I've seen some people who practically kiss there friends where as others barely even touch. Just make sure that you don't cross a line where it becomes anything more than you would be happy to do as friends without discussing it. The best thing in this situation to do is to simply wait, act normal with your friend and just see how the next 5 days go with him. You'll be amazed by how much emotions can change towards him. I hope this helps- Harry

peaceNlove
March 28th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Hey, I've gone through the exactly some situation you have. In regards to affection it differs completely depending on the people. I've seen some people who practically kiss there friends where as others barely even touch. Just make sure that you don't cross a line where it becomes anything more than you would be happy to do as friends without discussing it. The best thing in this situation to do is to simply wait, act normal with your friend and just see how the next 5 days go with him. You'll be amazed by how much emotions can change towards him. I hope this helps- Harry

Thanks Harry:) this helped a lot. The only downside is that I won't be able to see him the next five days because we're on spring break and he doesn't have a phone or a Facebook so i can't contact him. So I'm going to have to wait until school starts to see him again:(