View Full Version : Is It Wrong

March 18th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Is it qrong for a 18 Y to date anyone younger( I know its illegal - but there must be some rule?

March 18th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Depends if she is like 17, I'm sure it'd be fine maybe even 16 but someone who's 14 or below is usually a big red no no sign.

March 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Its a guy

March 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I would be careful in doing so. Some parents may not like the idea of their child dating an adult. If they're under 16, the age to consent to sex, then I would definitely avoid it because you would be putting yourself at risk legally and it could turn into a much bigger ordeal than you would want to deal with.

March 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM
A year younger is okay, but I think below 16 would not really be right unless the parents are okay with it...

Synyster Shadows
March 18th, 2013, 04:03 PM
If you're 18, stick to 17 and your age.

March 19th, 2013, 02:22 AM
There is isn't any hard and fast rule for dating someone under 18 if your over as long as there is no sexual contact and the person under 18 parents don't disapprove. On the other hand if your dating this person who is under 18 for sexual purposes or expect it to lead to a sexual encounter before they turn 18 thats another thing completely and would depend on the local laws in the specific jurisdiction where this takes place. In states where the age of consent is 18 and If the parents dissaprove of the relationship then even if they are 17 years 364 days old you could still be charged with statutory rape in that state. At best, sexual relations between adults and teenagers under 18 are left in a legal gray area and while in some areas they may not be able to prove staturory rape they may use other laws such as laws against adults "corrupting" minors may be used sometimes to punish such sexual encounters, as well as laws against sexual relations by means of "seduction" or "Coercion". More often than not most of the time they will use the three years younger rule up untill one person reaches the age of 18 after that you proceed at your own risk. FYI becuase you mentioned that this person under 18 is also a male, this may muddy the waters so to speak on the legal ramifications of a sexual encounter. My advise is to steer away from anyone under 18 if your thinking of a relationship that involves any type of sexual activity

March 19th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Short answer: No. Dating is fine. There is nothing illegal about dating.

However, if you plan to have any sexual contact, yes, you need to be very careful. If you can, abstain until you are both of the age of consent (varying by state). Personally, I always date older people, so this has never been a problem.

March 19th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Hmm my brother is 18 and is dating someone quite young, not going to say the age but as long as you dont do anything like have sex then it's fine. If you both really want to be happy then carry on with the realtion ship but do remeber people will worry about you and they might sound like there trying to brake you up but there not, they are thinking if something happens you could go down as a pedo..... etc

Good luck hope my advice helped, i would love to chat sometime so feel free to contact me on skype if you want someone to talk to, my brother is in the same situation as you so i know how you feel and other people around you feel

March 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Dating isn't illegal, at least not in my state. Sex is another matter, though.