PDA

View Full Version : Can Girls and Boys Be Bestfriends?

Free_Music_Bird
March 17th, 2013, 06:33 PM
My best friend that am extremely close to my heart is a guy, but it seems like we're falling for each other...So I'm curious if guys and girls can be friends or will romance ruin it...? :what:

DerBear
March 17th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Questions for Both :arrow: Relationships and Dating

Your question is best suited here

sprouse530
March 17th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Jess should i Stay out of this one and then talk in person or do i have say in this one too?

Free_Music_Bird
March 17th, 2013, 10:31 PM
idc either way

dvd333
March 17th, 2013, 11:50 PM
They cannot be best friends. I have suffered through this many times. We're genetically programmed to gravitate and want to bond with people we like. I mean my bestfriend is my girlfriend..

LouBerry
March 17th, 2013, 11:53 PM
It can happen. I have two best friends. One is my boyfriend, the other has been my best friend for forever, and there has never been a spark. We can hold hands and cuddle and it's completely platonic and okay. (:

sidharth
March 17th, 2013, 11:59 PM
ya guy n gal can be bestfriends

Hortcoke
March 18th, 2013, 12:37 AM
It can happen, I have a best friend, I'm not in love with her and vice versa. But also, as Lou said, we can hold our hands, cuddle or hang out only us, etc.

anyone50
March 18th, 2013, 01:03 AM
It would have to depend on the two people involved and of course in any situation involving guys and girls there has to be boundries set if you don't want the relationship to become confused. That being said is there really a problem with developing deeper feelings for a best friend and having it end up in a relationship. Sounds like a win win to me

Steve Jobs
March 18th, 2013, 01:28 AM
I'm pretty close friends with a girl. We've never edged even close to that kind of talk between us ever - we're that different kind of close. We talk everyday, joke, talk over serious stuff. I don't think we'll ever fall for each other in a romantic way and I'm glad that's the way it has been for us :)

birdie
March 18th, 2013, 01:39 AM
For me, its hard. I fell for my best friend sometime last year and when I told him he said I was more like a sister to him. So for him, its entirely possible. I think it really depends on the people involved. Its ridiculously annoying when there's a more-than-friends thing going on (with one or both of you) cause obviously you don't want to ruin the friendship but you're always wondering if maybe there's more.

Jess
March 18th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Same answer here: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=170636

Yes they can be. They don't always have to end up in a romantic relationship.

Dake
March 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM
i don't think so you know what they say today hug tommorow kiss (at least here in bulgaria)

CastigateMe
March 18th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Yes, you can have a best friend who is a guy.
Romance may "ruin" some relationships, while it may strengthen others.
All in all, females and males may be best friends without dating. Sometimes, it may seem as if you really like them in a way that speaks of more than friendship, but, you may find later that it was not that way and the two of you could reach a mutual agreement to stay friends.

Edit - My best friend is a male, he has been my "bestie" for three years, and we're not a couple.