PDA

View Full Version : Becoming just friends with crush...

SweetChildren
March 13th, 2013, 10:51 PM
So at school I have a crush on this girl. Since about October. In Novemeber-Jaunary shes told me mulitple times to leave her alone, cause she can't be with me. (all on facebook). In January I went into this relationship with this other girl. Since then I've only wanted to become friends. She doesn't know that. I don't think she understands me crush on her and why. :/ Shes a really sweet person so she doesn't get mad and stuff. A lot of the time I want to go randomly hug her and be like: "You're my new friend!". So I'm wonder what to do. What should I do? I can be a pussy a lot.

SammieRose
March 14th, 2013, 10:20 AM
First step is to talk to her, face-2-face, no facebook-2-facebook. Be clear, if she starts to say she does not want to date you, explain that your crush is past and now you see her differently, and will like to get to know her because you think she's a sweet person, and stuff. :cool:

But hold your horses on the hugging, that will freak her out, specially since you are just acquaintances now, nothing more. It will come a time, later in life, and if you do become good friends, that a hug will be ok, but for now, you will have to settle with handshakes and talking.

AbbaZabba
March 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
First step is to talk to her, face-2-face, no facebook-2-facebook. Be clear, if she starts to say she does not want to date you, explain that your crush is past and now you see her differently, and will like to get to know her because you think she's a sweet person, and stuff. :cool:

But hold your horses on the hugging, that will freak her out, specially since you are just acquaintances now, nothing more. It will come a time, later in life, and if you do become good friends, that a hug will be ok, but for now, you will have to settle with handshakes and talking.

This is pretty well the direction I would have gone. If you are in another relationship still, I would eliminate the hug all together. You can still be friends without the hug. Unless you have been lifelong friends, your girlfriend might not like the fact that you are hugging a new girl, that is really not fair to her.