PDA

View Full Version : Accepting :(

thatcountrykid
March 9th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Well, I think I have finally accepted the fact that my bestfriend, who i like, is happy with the guy she is with. But now I ran into a new dilema. I have a friend at school I have started to notice more. We have so much in common! Both our dads are cops, which now that I think about it might be bad for me if we do end up together. But anyway she is pretty, nice, funny, and best of all COUNTRY!! But my problem is that I don't want to rush into because I don't want her to think she is my 2nd choice so to speak. She isn't! I don't know I'm just confused. Help?

HexedDex
March 9th, 2013, 10:50 PM
If your crush is taken then why not try it with this new girl, don't think of them as choices, think of them as people. If it doesn't work out, then fine, you and her can still be friends.

thatcountrykid
March 9th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I'm not think of the as choices trust me. I'm worried she's gonna think I made her my second choice. I just never thought about her before other than a friend.

HexedDex
March 9th, 2013, 10:59 PM
She wouldn't think that you think she is your second choice, don't worry too much. If you really like this girl, then just go for it. It won't ruin your relationship with your crush and who knows you may start to like this new girl more.

thatcountrykid
March 9th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Yeah. My problem is confidence. And he police officer dad.

Swa19
March 9th, 2013, 11:11 PM
She could think of it as being a second choice or she could think that you chose her over the other girl. You never know unless you find out. So go for it, there's not much reason not too.

Eth_94123
March 10th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Just take things slow with the new girl and see where it goes, good luck :)

thatcountrykid
March 27th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Well I think I must have done something wrong. She won't talk to me. I have her 4th hour and sit near her group right after at lunch but we won't talk:'(

peaceNlove
March 27th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Are you trying to talk to her and shes not talking to you or are you waiting for her to talk to you?

thatcountrykid
March 27th, 2013, 11:48 PM
I have tried to talk to her on Facebook and in person. I can see that she saw my message. I don't know if I said some thing or what but what ever it was I'm regretting it.

peaceNlove
March 27th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Maybe she feels as though you like the other girl. If so, do something super cute and nice that she won't expect to show that you like her.

thatcountrykid
March 28th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Well I haven't exactly told either on I like them :(

peaceNlove
March 28th, 2013, 12:36 AM

Oh I see. Well why do you think shes doing this? Maybe its something you can fix.

thatcountrykid
March 28th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I have no idea why. If I knew I would do all I could to fix it bit I don't know what to fix.

peaceNlove
March 28th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I have no idea why. If I knew I would do all I could to fix it bit I don't know what to fix.

Have you tried asking her?

thatcountrykid
March 28th, 2013, 04:02 PM
No but I need to. I'm just afraid of what I may have done wrong.

xmojox
March 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
No but I need to. I'm just afraid of what I may have done wrong.

Fear will never get you anywhere. The worst question we can ask ourselves is "what if?"

thatcountrykid
March 28th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah your right. How should I bring it up though.

xxPerryPlatypusxx
March 28th, 2013, 06:30 PM
the bottom line here is you can't like/love two people at once
you can only choose one
weigh out your options. who do you like/respect more
who are you closer with
who makes you happiest

you have to weigh out the pros and cons and go from there
be with the person who makes you feel respected and happy.

thats all I can say
good luck

peaceNlove
March 29th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah your right. How should I bring it up though.

I think you should get her alone and ask her, straight forward, that you noticed that she hasn't been talking to you and ask her what you did wrong. Btw, maybe its not something you did, maybe its just her.

brisk
March 29th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Maybe she feels as though you like the other girl. If so, do something super cute and nice that she won't expect to show that you like her.

There's no better way. I'd try to get to know the "new girl" better. She can't ingore you without being blatantly rude if you do something special for her. Maybe she just thinks you have feelings for the other girl.

sprouse530
March 29th, 2013, 12:47 PM
i caution you to choose, i had this issue, then got into a relationship with the second girl then the first one became avaliable xP so just know what to do and be commited to what ever you decide

sophiaLockhart
March 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Well, I think I have finally accepted the fact that my bestfriend, who i like, is happy with the guy she is with. But now I ran into a new dilema. I have a friend at school I have started to notice more. We have so much in common! Both our dads are cops, which now that I think about it might be bad for me if we do end up together. But anyway she is pretty, nice, funny, and best of all COUNTRY!! But my problem is that I don't want to rush into because I don't want her to think she is my 2nd choice so to speak. She isn't! I don't know I'm just confused. Help?

my advice is to just talk to her, see if you notice any signs that she's into you, and just work from there, for all you know she could be waiting for you to ask her out. not every girl cares if we are asked second or whatever some times its just the fact that we've finally been asked