PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety?

screamtobeheard
March 6th, 2013, 12:25 AM
I've been doing a lot of work for school lately, which makes sense and it's all fine and everything. But sometimes, like right now, I feel like it wears me down and I literally can't do anything. It's not that I'm getting distracted. I am literally incapable of doing anything. I keep crying on and off. My brain isn't functioning. I can barely keep myself from completely losing it. I don't know if this is just anxiety or what.
Is it normal to have this inability to function?

ReginaGeorge
March 6th, 2013, 01:05 AM
It might just be how much work you have, and the stress of school. School can be a really freakin' tough time sometimes and you just go through a low period of sort of what you described. Realistically do you feel you have too much to do? Is the work too hard? Is that what could be causing this? Do you have other stressers that can be piling up these feelings? Are you balancing all this work with play and relaxation? You could be over working yourself. Try to always get in some time for you. Maybe you should talk to the counselor on campus about this, because it's obviously upsetting you, I mean you're crying.

Anxiety is complex and no one here can really tell you whether you have it or not, but by the sounds of it, my personal non-medical opinion from this little bit of text is that you don't have anxiety, but there are a lot of factors here that I don't know about with your school, your home life, your relationships, your personality etc, so only you really know yourself enough to make the call (and professional, obviously).

I personally went through what you did last year for a few months and I almost failed that year, I felt like maybe I was depressed more than anxious. You don't want to let this get too bad and it would probably benefit you a lot to talk to someone. Whether it be balancing work more, learning ways to cope with it, maybe if possible having less work, and having some counseling to make sure this doesn't get any worse.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, I hope you get this sorted out.

kiki's
March 6th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I think you should take a break, its necessary. And also don't take all the work as a burden, try to find interest in things that you do.