PDA

View Full Version : how to deal with anxiety?

Jman437
February 26th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Anxiety: my only problem so far. Ever since it started, it has taken its toll in my life(and what a toll...). Lost chances, low self-esteem, seeing no end in sight, realizing that you're doomed to die alone, relationships that I could have been in, an extreme fear of the future, bad grades, people saying it's just a phase, others say it will not go away. Lots of stuff. If you ever felt like this, tell me: how do you deal with this stuff? I'm tired of hurting my loved ones with my anxiety attacks and feeling like I'm going to die...

Columbus
March 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
I also have anxiety attacks quite often now due to a lot of things that is going on in my life that is also stuff that you mentioned. I go to therapy now for it and it does help a lot for me and you should check into it if you havent already. The one thing that helped the most for me was breathing exercises that my therapist taught me.

If you ever feel like you have another anxiety attack try to breath in through your nose and make your belly rise as you breathe in and then exhale through your mouth. It is best to lye down when you do it when you start out. And try to just ignore everything that is bothering you at the time and just not think about it for that moment which might be hard as it was for me. And this will sound real corny but visualize yourself in a happy and calmer place, like the beach is what I do. It might sound weird now and probably will be when you try it but eventually you should get the hang of it and be more relaxed