PDA

View Full Version : What to do??

Kernel
February 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM
So i've been going out with this girl for nearly a year now and we've had a great time together. Recently though we've just haven't been the same with lots of silences and a couple of arguments. . but i still like her, uno? But the big problem is that I met this other girl last week and well i reeeaaallllyyyy like her. We've talked on facebook twice and we've seemed 2 get on well.

The question that i've been asking myself though is, what should i do? I can't get this second girl out of my head, but isn't that unfair to the first? I just don't know what to do guys. . . .:confused:

Atonement
February 21st, 2013, 05:12 PM
I think it's unfair with the first. If things have changed and you aren't really interested anymore, you're right that it's not fair to her to continue when it's apparently not quite what you want. However, I would talk to your girlfriend first and try to clear things up and see if you can fix it before breaking up. Then, sure, pursue the other girl. But be careful as to not make it seem like you broke up with your girlfriend to immediately go for the new girl.

Naue
February 21st, 2013, 05:15 PM
It's unfair on you and the first girl if you, yourself know that you have feelings elsewhere.

In respect of the first girl, I'd say it's only fair to be frank with her, to end your time with her.

As said above, don't go for the other girl straight away or it would look a tad dodgy.

At the end of the day, do the fair and honest thing. If you're true to yourself there's not much more you can do.

anyone50
February 21st, 2013, 05:39 PM
It sounds like what you and your gf are going thru is perfectly normal. When you first start dating everything is new and exciting and now that you have been dating for almost a year things have settled into a routine but you stay together because like you said you both have strong feelings for each other.

Your right it is unfair to your gf if your contemplating having anything more to do with his girl from facebook besides talking as friends. Have you told this 2nd girl you have a gf? I'm thinking no because most girls would tell you up front that they aren't interested if you are in a relationship with someone else.

I'm fairly certain you already know what the right thing to do is or you wouldn't have posted your question but knowing the right thing and doing it is sometimes 2 different things. There is always going to be that temptation to go for something new and exciting especially when the relationship your in has lost some of that zing it once had so you need to sit down think of all the things you like and want to keep in your present relationship and weigh them against what you would gain from this new relationship keeping in mind most of the things you feel you would gain are uncertain in the long run.

If after all the pros and cons are added up and you feel it's better to move on the first responsibility you have is to break it off with your present gf before making any commitment to this facebook girl.

My advise to you is that unless there is some really serious flaws in your present relationship and you feel it's just a matter of time before it's over I would stick with gf number 1. You could break it off with her for this new girl and a month later find yourself alone. Good luck