PDA

View Full Version : Letting Go Of The Past..?

Immortal Love
February 19th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Hey VT, Hunter here after a hiatus, with some troubles..again.
So... last time I was on here, I was dating someone who wanted to go into the Marines. We dated for a little over a year.. he was my 'first'. And we broke up because I was, according to him: "manipulating him", and he didn't want to "date someone who didn't want to help themselves." As in with my depression-- which I did get help, and medication that made me sick. But that's besides the point.

I return now to ask of you.. how can you get over someone you swore you'd love till you died? It's been around 2 months since we've split, and we avoid each other at all costs-- which is hard since we ride the same bus to school, and have the same 1st hour. As much as I try to recover, I still hurt and love him. I've tried telling myself to let go; he hurt me, ect. But I always end up thinking back. He has another girl now, as I have another boy now, whom is a sweetie, but my feelings are still stuck.

Can anyone give me some advice?

nice
February 19th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Just I've it time my friend went through the same thing it took her 3 months to finally be over the guy. Of course she thinks about the times and memories they've had but she realized that it was over and that they weren't going to get back together. Try talking to friends about it to it helps to have someone to talk to if you ever fell like crying. God knows how many times my friend cried to me. Just give it time hope I helped somewhat and good luck :hug: :)

Kujiro
February 19th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Time engulfs, Time reveals, Time heals

I understand as much what is in your mind, you are moving, but not really moving on.
Its pretty much like running on a threadmill.

Being apart from each other, does determine how much both parties desire to be with each other.
From the way he has placed it, guess he really just wants to move on.

True that being on the same bus, every day makes it alittle harder to let go of certain memories.

Its a crucial period where your true friends come into play, talk to them, spend time with them.
Live life happy. You have mentioned you already have another boyfriend, then why aren't you putting that effort in loving your current one, and still have lingering thoughts over your previous?

You would not want to create the same vicious cycle, when he starts complaining about attention and insecurities.
Treasure what you have infront of you, and dont forsake them.
Give love to those whom deserve.

Life is too short to make yourself unhappy, tell yourself each day you will get stronger, and better.
Always keep those chins up!

Take care
*smile*

AbbaZabba
February 19th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Time engulfs, Time reveals, Time heals

I understand as much what is in your mind, you are moving, but not really moving on.
Its pretty much like running on a threadmill.

Being apart from each other, does determine how much both parties desire to be with each other.
From the way he has placed it, guess he really just wants to move on.

True that being on the same bus, every day makes it alittle harder to let go of certain memories.

Its a crucial period where your true friends come into play, talk to them, spend time with them.
Live life happy. You have mentioned you already have another boyfriend, then why aren't you putting that effort in loving your current one, and still have lingering thoughts over your previous?

You would not want to create the same vicious cycle, when he starts complaining about attention and insecurities.
Treasure what you have infront of you, and dont forsake them.
Give love to those whom deserve.

Life is too short to make yourself unhappy, tell yourself each day you will get stronger, and better.
Always keep those chins up!

Take care
*smile*

Couldn't have said any better, good job Jeremy

anyone50
February 20th, 2013, 03:12 AM
I suspect part of the feelings you still have for him is because he was your first and that makes getting over someone a little harder. Along with always seeing him just complicates the issue. Once the school year is over and you won't see him or at least not everyday it should get a litte easier but the only cure is time. Evetually you will be able remember the relationship without the pain your left with now.

Atonement
February 20th, 2013, 03:33 AM
These are all great suggestions.

My only additional suggestion is to focus on what you do have today rather than what you did have in the past.

Try making a list of all the people you have in your life and relish how much they mean to you. You have a new boy. Enjoy him. He deserves your full attention in the relationship. If you aren't over the other guy, dating this new one probably isn't fair to him.

Immortal Love
February 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM
After reading every-ones suggestions, I feel much better. You all gave such good advice.
I'll try to concentrate on the positive, and on my new relationship. He does know how hard its been, even knowing that I still loved my ex-- and he still stayed. That's faithful, so it's only fair I give him all my attention now.

Again thank you all so very much~