PDA

View Full Version : Sexual abuse

lost and tired
February 17th, 2013, 11:35 PM
So i just have a question about sexual abuse. If someone who is 13 convinces a 9 year old that it's okay to have sex then does that count as sexual abuse?? I think it does and I'm trying to convince my friend that it's not her fault but if someone could clarify that would be great.

aqua_x
February 17th, 2013, 11:36 PM
anybody under the age of 16 should even think about sex

lost and tired
February 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM
but that's not the question, and of course my opinion is that you shouldn't have sex until your married but is she just as much at fault as he is or was it sexual abuse

aqua_x
February 17th, 2013, 11:45 PM
um you should never convince a 9 year old that, that's terrible

candabear17
February 18th, 2013, 12:04 AM
I don't think it counts as sexual abuse. If she was consenting (which you can be at 9) then it's not abuse. She was however very young and nieve and shouldn't hold it against herself. If she wasn't consenting or felt like she didn't know what he was doing/talking about, it could consititute abuse. Either way she should talk to a professional who can determine if it was abuse or not and she can get the help she needs.

anyone50
February 23rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
I would classify it as sexual abuse and pretty sure the law would as well only because a 9 yr old can't consent to a sex act becuse she is too young to understand the consequenses of her actions. As for the 13 yr old he is the instigator in this action becuse he is of an age that while he is still a minor is old enough to know better. The law also stipulates an age difference of 4 yrs as a guide line in most states. What this means if a 6 yr old and a 8 yr old do something sexually no one is held accountable but if a 6 yr old and a 10 yr old do something the burden falls to the older one of 10

I think the bigger question is why is this 13 yr old wanting to have sex with a 9 yr old and it's proably becuase he could never get a girl his own age to consent to having sex with him thereby preying on a small child and in my book thats definately sexual abuse

Rainbowfairy
February 23rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
The law classifies it as abuse- if you have to convince then yeah- if they have to convince you then personally no I don't think so

Horizon
February 24th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Honestly I still find it as sexual abuse.

Regardless if she consented or not, that doesn't mean she/he liked it, and may have told the person to stop.

Please, if you know of this happening to someone, get them help, don't let it go on!

alex1642
February 25th, 2013, 09:27 PM
That is so bad! If you know of this happening to anyone, you need to get them help!

xmojox
February 26th, 2013, 04:30 AM
To coerce someone into having sex is abuse, plain and simple. If you have any doubts as to whether or not it is abuse, ask yourself why your friend thinks it's her fault. Get her some help. Please.

Texas warrior
February 26th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I don't think it counts as sexual abuse. If she was consenting (which you can be at 9) then it's not abuse. She was however very young and nieve and shouldn't hold it against herself. If she wasn't consenting or felt like she didn't know what he was doing/talking about, it could consititute abuse. Either way she should talk to a professional who can determine if it was abuse or not and she can get the help she needs.

I am with you, both of them were young and did not understand the consequens of there actions. I don't think he was trying to abuse her. And she really shouldn't hold it against herself or him, kids do truly stupid shit but we learn.

RedViper
February 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I don't think it counts as sexual abuse. If she was consenting (which you can be at 9) then it's not abuse.
You cannot legally give consent at the age of nine! Most places have a legal consent age of around 16/17.

EvaLynn
March 3rd, 2013, 04:55 AM
I would classify it as sexual abuse and pretty sure the law would as well only because a 9 yr old can't consent to a sex act becuse she is too young to understand the consequenses of her actions. As for the 13 yr old he is the instigator in this action becuse he is of an age that while he is still a minor is old enough to know better. The law also stipulates an age difference of 4 yrs as a guide line in most states. What this means if a 6 yr old and a 8 yr old do something sexually no one is held accountable but if a 6 yr old and a 10 yr old do something the burden falls to the older one of 10

I think the bigger question is why is this 13 yr old wanting to have sex with a 9 yr old and it's proably becuase he could never get a girl his own age to consent to having sex with him thereby preying on a small child and in my book thats definately sexual abuse

I agree completely it is definitely sexual abuse!
A 9 year old may be willing but that's not consent as they don't really understand what they are getting into or the consequences
It's taking advantage of a kid who is probably eager to please and impress an older kid they admire

Jakey116
March 9th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Legally it depends where you live, my country it's 2 years either way , so 15 n 17 but not 14 n 17 so yeah it's rapemwith 9 13

Jakey116
March 9th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Morally I think it's completely wrong but

rocketsheep
March 11th, 2013, 03:43 PM
im not a lawyer but it sounds very bad..