PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and panic attacks

Jman437
February 12th, 2013, 04:00 PM
so, it has always been the same problem with me: anxiety. I can't get a girlfriend, study well for tests, concentrate like I should, or do anything because of it. It always happens when I start to think about the future: what will I look like, my job, wife and kids I will never have. I have a lot of suicidal and homicidal thoughts, I can't even think properly, people say it's just a phase, other people say it's more than just a phase. I don't know what to do when anxiety strikes... What do you suggest me to do?

Stryker125
February 12th, 2013, 04:10 PM
You should talk to a psychiatrist (you may have some kind of major depressive disorder going on) and get some counseling and if need be, medication. Meds should only be a last resort though.

One important thing is to know what triggers your anxiety attacks. Being aware of what makes you start to think about those things is a start. When you feel an episode coming on, breathe deeply and slowly. Remind yourself that you are going to be just fine, and to hold on a little longer. Do something that calms or relaxes you, whatever that may be. Hope I helped.