PDA

View Full Version : I may have bipoloar II - Advice?

Megson
February 7th, 2013, 11:07 PM
For a long time I've figured there's something off about me. Since I started taking a class in Psychology, I've gained a much better perspective on Bipolar Disorder, and I feel like I MIGHT have type II Bipolar. I get mood swings that range from happy, content, engergetic, and cheerful to depressed, low, unbearably lonely, and angry. At my low state, I sometimes feel a lot of suicidal ideation. These mood swings can be really rapid and can happen several times in one day, or they can be really spread out and happen over several weeks.

I DO have some periods where I feel "normal" but those tend to be short-lived. And I would definitely talk to a therapist about this but my family has very little money and I would have no idea how to bring it up. "Hey, mom, can I see a therapist? I think I'm bipolar."

Does anyone have any advice for me? And do you think I could be bipolar, or am I just being one of those annoying people who ignorantly self-diagnose themselves?

choclut
March 1st, 2013, 10:24 AM
I'm in the exact same situation! And I also don't know how to walk right up and say, 'Can I see a psychiatrist? I think I'm bipolar.' I feel like I'll sound ridonculous and they won't take it seriously; not that they usually don't.
It's a difficult situation but, do you have a sibling or close friend you could tell and talk to about it? If your friend(s) has/have noticed the shifts in your mood maybe you'll feel less silly asking your parents. Or you could ask them to bring it to your parents' attention for you.
Good luck! Let me know how it all goes!

rocketsheep
March 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM
fffff