PDA

View Full Version : Someone To Understand

Wowwhy
February 3rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
Hello there. I am a 15 year old boy with OCD! I don't obsess over germs or neatness and things like that. I simply obsess about myself. I constantly tell myself I am fat. (Which I know I am not) I also tell myself that I have no friends. (But I do) Most of all I feel like I am wasting my life by being on my laptop. I feel as though I am wasting years just being on this thing and not doing anything else. I don't understand why I tell myself these things, I hope someone else out there does. I know I am the only one who can truly fix myself, but I need help along the way. That is why I joined this forum. If you relate to any of the things that I have been saying or have advice. Tell me!

Thank You for reading.

nonlineargoblin
February 3rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
I understand the kind of thoughts that are going through your head all of those demons in your head telling you that "you have no friends" or "everyone hates you". Those thoughts sometimes hold us back from living our lives or keeps us from doing things that we like. I found that the best way to deal with those thoughts is to step back and look at reality in a different way. Sometimes this is hard but it helps. For example when you tell yourself 'I don't have any friends' take a second to think about all of your friends and that should help. Look maybe the thoughts that go through my mind aren't as intense as your's but maybe my method will work.

Wowwhy
February 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
I will try my hardest to work on that, thank you.

rocketsheep
March 11th, 2013, 04:27 PM
fffff

Boyfreshx
May 5th, 2013, 09:15 PM
OCD sometimes poses a struggle. You have to realize, you control your mind and that your mind does not control you. Of course this sounds easy and I know its not, but in order to overcome or better yet, cope with this that's something you are going to have to understand.