PDA

View Full Version : Alter ego's Or schizophrenia

Lexitje
January 8th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Hye
SO since I was left alone a lot as a kid, my mind found a little trick to protect me. I made up these people, they all have a name and character, and even I am not myself in there (I hope this part isn't to confusing).
In total there are 8 persons including me, I talk to them and they react, they have things that happen in their day and stuff. At first I thought this was all fantasy but I started to notice it got out of hand because they never left.
They're here all the freaking time and sometimes I don't want them and I actually cry and beg them to go.
Sometimes I get so lost in this I don't even know what's going on in reality I'm someplace else with someone else doing something different.
From what I get about Schizophrenia I don't think it's that but a while ago a friend told me Schizophrenia and autisme(I was diagnosed with autisme maximum 4months ago probably a little shorter) look a lot alike when it comes down to testing (this friend is a psychiatric), and thing is I never told anyone about these 'others'
So maybe someone here can tell me what's going on

tundravortex
January 8th, 2013, 04:18 PM
well since i am a only child i was always lonley so i did the same thing you did and every once in a while they come back but now its like looking at a ghost because i had them for so long...anyway your just calling your self crazy is what you just said in your blog,find something to take your mind of it go hangout somewhere,get an xbox or somethin because there going to stay there if you keep saying go away,they aint going to leave unless"YOU"choose to leave but every once in a great while they'll come back but they will look like ghost because they been gone for so long

Lexitje
January 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM
that doesn't really seem to help. I'm a very busy person (horse back riding, dancing, go out with friends) and those things help against a lot, but not them.
I can't remember ever calling myself crazy ? I believe i'm a very sane person just with a few problems.

tundravortex
January 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM
that doesn't really seem to help. I'm a very busy person (horse back riding, dancing, go out with friends) and those things help against a lot, but not them.
I can't remember ever calling myself crazy ? I believe i'm a very sane person just with a few problems.

its the way you wrote it...not sayin your crazy but its the way you wroteit...anyway since your busy like that make them apart of the crowd like have them blend in but try not to talk to them...sorry but thats the best i can give,ill try to think of something better

redknight
January 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Dont let them take out ur body

aprilshowers
January 11th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Um, since second grade I've had a best friend/ voice in my head, so I kinda know where you're coming from. For me, it worked to just tell him to go away calmly when he would talk to be, but it seems like that might not work for you. My advice is that when they show up, just think to yourself that they aren't real. I feel like freaking out would be bad, so try to just say calm and tell yourself that they aren't real, and you don't need them anymore.

Fiction
January 12th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Schizophrenic voices are usually trying to make you do something such as hurt yourself and hurt others. It is also associated with a lot of paranoia, such as though people are out to kill you, or their are aliens controlling your mind. Also Schizophrenics don't usually realise that the voices aren't real until they are given help to realise it.

To me this doesn't sound like Schizophrenia, maybe just a slight issue with a too vivid imagination. If it's bothering you, go see someone, but i'm pretty sure it's not schizophrenia.

SchizLife
January 15th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Although schizophrenia means "split mind" it doesn't have anything to do with a dissociative identity disorder as you seem to be describing.

MrMundane
February 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Sounds more like dissociative identity disorder to me. As for having them leave, I'm not going to go into detale but, talk to them and be polite. You might have to bargian with them. Also breaking down will probably make them hang around longer. I would suggest looking up copingwithdissociativeidentitydisorder.yuku.com and reading some stuff there, see if you relate.

rocketsheep
March 11th, 2013, 04:29 PM
fffff

Kuurachan
April 8th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I made imaginary friends as well ( 8 as well 0_o weird...) but what made it so unbearable was that I knew that they were just imaginary and really, I was just all alone without anybody who cared about me or could understand how I felt. I didn`t really give much thought as to how they looked, but more of who and what they were. I made one out of sadness, one out of fear, etc. But the ones I knew the best were 2. I became 1 of them whenever somebody hurt me in any way, and became the other when I became inspired. I knew they weren't there, I couldn't see them or hear them, but they were the only thing I really had to hold on to. But I also believe that anything can be real if a person decides to make them so. They don`t need a body or a form, all they need is for a person to believe in them and give them that life.

Helena
April 8th, 2013, 11:07 PM
You seem to be freaking yourself out with your diagnosis. Speaking from experience, most people with schizophrenia are completely in denial of the fact that they have a problem. You seem to acknowledge it. Still, talk to someone.

Exole
May 5th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I had a connection a while ago with 8 other people, or who I thought were people too. They were super heroes, each with their own specialization and their own daily lives, but what I figured was that they were a league, with a leader too. Whenever someone was in danger, the leader would send one of the heroes to aid them in real life, but we connected through this telepathic belief system.

I ended up having to break off from the league because I made a close friendship with one of the girl members in it, and I thought that one of the other members was gonna try to separate us.

The whole thing was realistic, but I could see how it would bother you.