PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that I have ADHD/ADD?

Sir Suomi
December 21st, 2012, 04:50 PM
Okay, well, lately I have been wondering if I may have ADHD or ADD. When I was a little kid, I was pretty hyper, and I'd constantly be daydreaming during school, barely paying attention to the teacher. But I seem to be born smart, and I do very well in school for the most part. I used to talk non-stop, and sometimes I still do that. I've been like this, and I can be very impatient for certain things. I've calmed down a lot these past two years, yet I still find it hard sometimes to concentrate on studying, especially when it's over subjects I'm not intrested in. I can easily forget things if it's non important things. I've never been screened from what I know, and I'm just wandering if I may have a lingering case of ADHD/ADD. Please, if you guys think that I may have it, tell me. I'm considering talking to my mom about it. Thanks.

Mortal Coil
December 21st, 2012, 04:55 PM
Without more of an idea of the extent to which these things impair your functioning, neither I nor anyone else on this website to diagnose you. Judging by what you've said though, I don't think you do.

Silent Sufferer
December 22nd, 2012, 04:52 AM
I would say if you did have ADD/ADHD that you have a very mild case of it but your doctor is the only one who can diagnose you with it if you have it. I would suggest talking to your mum about seeing what your doctor has to say.

stev
January 24th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I personally believe we all have a little bit of ADD in us :) because you could be the best sturdier but if its a subject your not interested in its hard to focus . I think you might have mild add. I recommend you talk to a guidance counsellor about not being able to focus in class.

ackmedsgirl666
January 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM
i seem to believe that doctors will diagnose anybody with any sort of disease just to make money... growing up as a child my family doctor thought i have ADHD and had me on meds.. but then we found out when i was 12 that i actually had fasd...a figures thats why the ritalin never worked all those years... but anyways its hard to say.... i mean if you have learning difficulties or problems following instructions etc... or thinking problems.... or even functioning then yes anything is possible but nobody can diagnose you with that except a doctor... but its easier to diagnose ADHD/ADD as a young child.... as they can judge through your early learning skills etc

rocketsheep
March 11th, 2013, 03:55 PM
fffff

baseballfan
March 16th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I personally believe we all have a little bit of ADD in us :) because you could be the best sturdier but if its a subject your not interested in its hard to focus . I think you might have mild add. I recommend you talk to a guidance counsellor about not being able to focus in class.

Yeah lol everyone has bouts of add I think