PDA

View Full Version : Fears?

aprilshowers
December 13th, 2012, 09:27 PM
So, I was just wondering what other people were afraid of, and wondering if maybe people had the same fears as I do?

I'm terrified of showers- sometimes I check outside the shower curtain to make sure no one came in while I wasn't aware.
Mirror creep me out big time.
I hate talking on telephones and I get crazy nervous leaving messages.
I'm terrified of the dark and think that people are hiding in bushes to kill me.
If the lights are out in my room, I have to be in bed or I get really freaked out.
I get scared that people will look through my stuff when i know they won't.

redknight
December 14th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Same with the telephone.
Im super afear of mouse or whatever u call it.(not a rat)
I think they will go inside my body and take over me.
The shadows and voices will watch it take over me.

Abyssal Echo
December 14th, 2012, 01:02 AM
heights,

SchizLife
December 14th, 2012, 10:07 PM
i'm deathly afraid of heights, for sure.

Any kind of speech situation, where I'm delivering a speech or leaving a message...
what should be a spontaneous and improvisational thing because something I try to pre-plan and then focus on too hard as I'm saying the words... and I mess up because my anxiety goes sky high.

that-god-chick
December 15th, 2012, 08:34 AM
i have a hugh phobia of snakes, its got to the point now where i can go out sideout without frecking out about snakes and i cant look at pictures or i will freck out....

my other fears not as extreme are heights, rejection and hospitials... (yes im scared of hospitials idk y i just am) and public speaking..

PerpetualImperfexion
December 20th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I absolutely love showers, but sometimes I'll psych myself out and won't wash my hair or my face (especially when I was a few years younger) because I was afraid someone (not necessarily a familiar someone) would be there when I opened my eyes. I also take showers at night and am slightly afraid of the dark so I kind of worry that the light bulb might go out or the power might go off. Yep won't even think about going into my room in the dark (unless someone is in the house, and then I still turn my lights on as fast as possible). I hate telephone conversations, but as soon as they don't answer and I can leave a message I'm actually relieved. My biggest fear though, no joke, is that a flying bird will shit on me. Like if a bird flies over head I will either cover my head and crouch or if there are a bunch of them run away or even hide behind someone. This is in part because when I was littler my step brother would grab me and hide behind me and yell "meat shield". I was never pelted with bird droppings but I guess the experience was traumatic enough. I'm not afraid of birds just hopping on the ground though. Hell I'll even hold one and it can shit all over my hand for all I care, just not on my head.