PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible schizophrenia?

Stronk Serb
November 28th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I have been hearing voices of my classmates, but none were anywhere near me, I have a paraniod feeling that I am followed.by "them", that "they" are reading my thoughts, trying to use them against me, I halucinated several times, as if I saw someone creep from ths shadows.in my room. I am claustrofobic in large dark places because of this, I read about schizophrenia here, so I am concerned, I heard that the "voices" draw people insane, so that they do things they would normally not. Please help.

Jules97
November 28th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I am no expert, but I have read alot about schizophrenia since I had a neighbor that had it. You seem very aware that these things you talk about are not real, so you most likely don't have schizophrenia but there is obviously something bothering you. Talk to your parents or a councilor and get some help. You should also defnitely talk to a professional.

The joker.
December 9th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I am no expert, but I have read alot about schizophrenia since I had a neighbor that had it. You seem very aware that these things you talk about are not real, so you most likely don't have schizophrenia but there is obviously something bothering you. Talk to your parents or a councilor and get some help. You should also defnitely talk to a professional.
Like jules i would definetley , go see a doctor, mom, dad, whatever, talk with someone about yor problem (irl, dont be afraid)

SchizLife
December 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM

Jules, I agree that this person should speak to a professional, but I disagree with part of what you said.

Just because a person is aware of their symptoms does not mean they aren't developing schizophrenia. Many people are aware of their own delusions, even in full blown delusional mode. Some people choose to accept and believe them because that's the nature of delusions, they are strong and convincing. But some people aren't aware that what they are believing is strange, as well. It goes both ways!

aprilshowers
December 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I would definitely tell your parents or a close friend. I talked with my friend kind of to work my way up to talking with my parents, so you can try that. But yeah, definitely try to see a professional.

stev
January 19th, 2013, 10:50 PM
That sounds like textbook psychosis read more about it on this website http://www.cmha.ca/mental-health/understanding-mental-illness/psychosis/

BrainDamage
January 20th, 2013, 04:47 AM
I've got a lot of the same "symptoms" all but the tight spaces...
So I'm just gonna spill how I cope, I got a friend, one who I really trust and told him, then we made a "deal" where he would keep me in check and calm me down whenever I would think someone is plotting to kill me, don't know if it will help...
Best of luck, BQB