PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Carbarrawr
October 22nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Hi, I am a teen girl and I have schizophrenia paranoia. My main symptoms are delusions and auditory hallucinations, though I do have trouble putting the right emotions to the right events, and I have the occasional visual hallucination, though that is just out of the corner of my eye. I joined this forum because I wanted to communicate with other teens who have schizophrenia. This currently has not had too much negative effects on my life, at least that are noticeable by others. My schoolwork is still going well, if not great, and the only problems this inflicts upon me are not noticeable by others and only by myself. (Though sometimes, like today, it's difficult to concentrate on school because of the "things" going on around me.) I usually put on a mask around others if I am ever going through a delusion period or a schizophrenic attack. I only have one friend who I tell about my delusions that I know because I do not want people to think that I need medication, because I don't and I don't want it. I can handle the delusions myself and I am learning techniques to deal with them. Considering I'm a fairly (if not unusually xP) happy person, and my delusions often come when I'm in bad moods, they are not too frequent. The worst one I've ever had was when ghouls surrounded my house trying to get in so they could kill me. One got in and tried to kill me but he couldn't. These ghouls still exist and they want something with me, but I haven't seen them in a week or so. Most of my delusions have to deal with real people, such as thinking that my sister is being possessed by a snake.

I guess I came here because I wanted to talk with people going through what I am too. I've told my best friend about it (and my parents, but they never really bring it up, which is probably good) and I feel like I can talk freely about it, but I want others to be able to relate and I to relate to them.. I guess I just don't want to feel so alone.

redknight
October 24th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Way to go, i hope.. (thoughts keep moving a round)... that was really cool of u too put ur self out like that. Hope i see u more talk more