PDA

View Full Version : My Photoshop Work

Jackerlus
October 21st, 2012, 11:20 AM
Wasn't sure if this should go under Photography or here but anyway, here's some stuff I've been doing on Photoshop :) I've only posted a few pictures so far but I would appreciate it if you maybe watched me or favourited some of my work.

lejackeroo.deviantart.com

(by the way mods, sorry about the link but the pictures are too big to put on the post)

Also, I might be doing signatures or photo editing services for people soon.

PoseidonX43
October 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
those are pretty good

StoppingTime
October 21st, 2012, 07:50 PM
I'm going to give you some feedback, which you may or may not like.

"Cascade" I don't really know what you did here; all I am able to notice is that it looks like you used a smudge/blur tool between the water and the land. If I'm missing something, please tell me.

"Squirrel" I'm not sure if this was taken as a serious project or not, but it really just looks like you threw a gun, hat, and a shape with a shadow on a squirrel.

"Shadows" It's a neat piece, but I don't really see too much technique; it looks like every other sunset/silhouette picture. And, it may just be me/my screen, but the focus seems a bit.. odd.

"Another Sunset?!" You basically summed it up right there.

"Zombified" The blending on the skin looks a bit rough, but I don't know if you meant for it to be like that, so I can't really properly say anything about it. But, one part looks like it's going from the skin to the hair, which doesn't make much sense to me.

kyler
October 21st, 2012, 07:55 PM
pretty cool Jack. I usually do a cpl zombie ones I use as my chat pic around halloween :D

Jackerlus
October 22nd, 2012, 10:35 AM
I'm going to give you some feedback, which you may or may not like.

"Cascade" I don't really know what you did here; all I am able to notice is that it looks like you used a smudge/blur tool between the water and the land. If I'm missing something, please tell me.

Not only that, but I added the lasso tooled the boat out, put it in there and added a little trail of water under it. Also I added the lomo effect manually. I used the clone stamp tool to better blend the land in with the water and and edit parts of the mountain as well.

"Squirrel" I'm not sure if this was taken as a serious project or not, but it really just looks like you threw a gun, hat, and a shape with a shadow on a squirrel.

Bearing in mind I did that when I was 11/12 when I discovered photoshop at school, I also had to puppet warp the squirrels arm into place and simply 'throwing a gun, hat and a shape with a shadow on a squirrel' isn't very easy when you start.

"Shadows" It's a neat piece, but I don't really see too much technique; it looks like every other sunset/silhouette picture. And, it may just be me/my screen, but the focus seems a bit.. odd.

I took that because I'd just got my proper first compact camera and I saw the opportunity to take that shot on holiday 2 years ago. I admit it doesn't really show much technique but that's because I didn't really know much technique to use :P Not quite sure what you mean by the focus though.

"Another Sunset?!" You basically summed it up right there.

Well who doesn't like a beautiful sunset? :D

"Zombified" The blending on the skin looks a bit rough, but I don't know if you meant for it to be like that, so I can't really properly say anything about it. But, one part looks like it's going from the skin to the hair, which doesn't make much sense to me.

Not sure what you mean by the skin blending, but with the skin to the hair thing, I think it's just the light reflecting off his face and going through his hair and/or the highlights I added to his hair.

My replies above. If you could turn that feedback into constructive criticism that would be nice.