PDA

View Full Version : Signature Transparency

Mirage
October 17th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Every time I upload my signature image, whether it be from my computer or from an external link, the transparency does not work and my signature has an unsightly white box around it. Transparency has worked fine in the past, but now it just doesn't want to work.

Any ideas?

StoppingTime
October 17th, 2012, 05:53 PM
You need to make sure that the Transparency enabled PNG is less then 50.0 kb when you upload it to imgur or something.
Otherwise, VT will shrink it, and therefore deleting the transparency.

Mirage
October 17th, 2012, 05:55 PM
You need to make sure that the Transparency enabled PNG is less then 50.0 kb when you upload it to imgur or something.
Otherwise, VT will shrink it, and therefore deleting the transparency.

My image is 30.3 kb. Any other ideas?

StoppingTime
October 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Are you sure you saved it as a web PNG then?

Mirage
October 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Are you sure you saved it as a web PNG then?

How do I do that on Paint.NET?

StoppingTime
October 17th, 2012, 06:00 PM
0.o Paint.net

On Photoshop, there's an option to "Save for Web and Devices" and PNG-24 with transparency checked, so, see if there's something similar like that. I don't know too much about Paint.net, though.

Mirage
October 17th, 2012, 06:01 PM
0.o Paint.net

On Photoshop, there's an option to "Save for Web and Devices" and PNG-24 with transparency checked, so, see if there's something similar like that. I don't know too much about Paint.net, though.

Well I can pick like 8bit 24bit or 32bit. When I choose 24bit it goes all white so maybe VT is changing it from 32bit to 24bit?

StoppingTime
October 17th, 2012, 06:09 PM
24-bit does not support transparency. You can see this in the Save Configuration Dialog.

If you don't specifically need to specify bittedness when saving as PNG, you should always choose Auto-detect, which will determine the best format based on your image.

If you do need to specify bittedness, you should make the effort to understand what it means before claiming limitations of certain formats as a bug.

~http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/18994-what-am-i-doing-wrong-here-png-transparency/

I'd do that. So, up it to 32 bit. :P

Mirage
October 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM
~http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/18994-what-am-i-doing-wrong-here-png-transparency/

I'd do that. So, up it to 32 bit. :P

I originally had it at 32bit but that didnt work which is why I tried 24. I also tried auto detect.

Maverick
October 17th, 2012, 11:45 PM
I assume its fixed now? If so share what you did

Origami
October 17th, 2012, 11:47 PM
I assume its fixed now? If so share what you did

I told you. :D Life sucks for siggy wiggys.

Jordan W.K. White
October 18th, 2012, 01:00 AM
First of all paint.net is horrid, get GIMP 2 if you cannot get Adobe Photoshop.

Tinypic(.com) has a re sizer that reserves the transparency, use that if the image is too big.

AlexOnToast
February 23rd, 2014, 01:24 PM
I usually just whip a sig up on Windows Pain (real profesh) then add transparency on some website I found by Googling "add transparency. It's always worked for me.

TheMatrix
February 24th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Please don't bump old threads.
:locked: