PDA

View Full Version : Bipolar

Wintergirl_80.0
October 11th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Great. my boyfriend thinks i am bipolar. soooo just to prove him wrong i took a bunch of online medical surveys and they all said i am bipolar. this is just fucking great. im fucking bipolar. i dont want to live with another fucking disorder. i dont want to be a depressed anorexic bipolar freak. im so sick of all this shit. but according to him im fine this is just one of the "downs". just a depressed period. well im not fine. im a freak and im so tired of it. help me please im going crazy.

StoppingTime
October 11th, 2012, 08:37 PM
It's important to note that online surveys, no matter how reputable the source may be, cannot diagnose you. They may be able to give you an idea as to whether or not you have said disorder, but it's impossible to tell, or even be all too sure, from just an online survey.
Also, all these surveys may be showing you are "positive" for the disorder because of your current mood, not your overall behavior. So don't let it fool you.

If you're worried, then you can see your GP, or even, start smaller. Talk to a school counselor or psychologist. If they feel the need, they will help you get in contact with the appropriate medical professional.

Also, have a talk with your boyfriend. If he doesn't support you and try to help in any way he can, and just "shrugs it off" then he either needs to be taught something, or he isn't worth your time.

:arrow: Bipolar Board.

Wintergirl_80.0
October 11th, 2012, 09:19 PM
he trying to help accually. but im also looking at the past four years of my ....condition and it matches every description of bipolar 2 disorder. manic or extremley happy stages then intense depression. its a regular cycle......

Mortal Coil
October 11th, 2012, 10:14 PM
If you have been diagnosed with depression, I'm not sure if you can also be diagnosed with bipolar. I am sorry about this but you have to remember that even if you do get diagnosed it doesn't make it more real. If anything, it gives you a chance to maintain it.
Stay strong.

LoveMe_HateMe
October 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Everything that I would've said, has already been said by the above two people.

However, living with bipolar (if you should have it) isn't as difficult as I'd thought it would be... My girlfriend has it and although she can drastically change from a manic to mania within minutes, you learn to deal with it. I have anyway .

At the end if the day it doesn't change who you are.

Also, if you are that worried about it, go to your local doctors.

Hope everything works out for you :)

PM me if you want a chat or anything :)

Wintergirl_80.0
October 12th, 2012, 06:25 PM
yeah and evil angel ive been doing research and depression is part of bipolar. and yeah im sorta relizing that the fact that i found out that i am most likley bipolar doesnt change anything. if i am then i have already been living with it so just because i put a name to it doesnt mean anything. it just gives me an understanding of whats going on

xXJamXx
October 14th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Bipolar II is often mis-diagnosed as depression in general, because people with Bipolar II are more depressed. You can be depressed 99% of the time and the other one percent is hypomania. That's why it's often mis-diagnosed. I recommend talking to your psychiatrist or general doctor about this, and finding a treatment.

Wintergirl_80.0
October 14th, 2012, 08:14 PM
i am going to talk to my mom and doctor about it after my cuts heal up

xXJamXx
October 14th, 2012, 11:14 PM
i am going to talk to my mom and doctor about it after my cuts heal up

Okay, it's glad you're seeking help.

Wintergirl_80.0
October 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM
thank you

single guy
October 18th, 2012, 05:08 AM