PDA

View Full Version : Private photos

Apollo.
October 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Is there any way I can have a profile picture on this site that only members could see? I would much prefer to have a picture on here but I wouldn't want anybody I know to come across the site and see me! I know the odds are like 1000000:1 but I'm just paranoid I post a lot of stuff I wouldn't tell people on this site

StoppingTime
October 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM
That's how it is with every member on this site. Only members can see user profiles, and you can even privatize your photo album, so you can choose who does and does not have access to it.

Mirage
October 10th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Your avatar, which appears underneath your name when you post, is visible to non-members and members. However, the profile picture, which is shown when you click on your name and choose "View Public Profile", is only visible to members. So maybe just put a picture of you on your profile and leave your avatar blank?

Hope I helped :)

Apollo.
October 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM
But would they not be able to see on the little bit at the sides of posts? Sorry I'm not the brightest :P

Mirage
October 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
But would they not be able to see on the little bit at the sides of posts? Sorry I'm not the brightest :P

That is correct. Avatar and profile picture are two different things. You see my avatar is a folder thing and if you click my name and choose "View Public Profile" you would see an entirely different picture.

Apollo.
October 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM
That is correct. Avatar and profile picture are two different things. You see my avatar is a folder thing and if you click my name and choose "View Public Profile" you would see an entirely different picture.

Ahh excellent thanks for your help, I shall be getting a photo on next time I'm on my PC or laptop:)

Jupiter
October 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Also, if you post it in the vt photo album in the white padded room, only members can see it.