PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Wi-Fi and a confused Siri

karl
September 25th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Problems include phones that 'rattle' and light 'bleeding' out of the screen
Siri 'issuing wrong weather reports' when choosing between two cities of the same name
Five million phones were sold on opening weekend

It's here, but with some niggles: A small number of early iPhone 5 buyers have reported problems with their handsets
The iPhone 5 launch has been one of the biggest and most successful in history.
But that doesn't mean it has been without problems, with users who got their hands on early models reporting a wealth of problems.
The catalogue of complaints include faulty wi-fi connections and scratching on the aluminum casing, as well as confused weather reports from the voice-activated Siri assistant and reports of light 'bleeding' out from the side of the phone.
More disturbing seems to be the small number of handsets which 'rattle' when shaken - attributed to to a loose battery within the device, while other users are finding that their batteries drain within hours.

See full story here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2208337/iPhone-5-problems-Early-users-catalogue-complaints.html#ixzz27UQ51VE1

Mortal Coil
September 25th, 2012, 10:18 AM
This isn't all that new. I mean, the story is new, but the whole "apple products being shit" part has been around for ages. Maybe this time all the apple fanboys and -girls will wake up and see that Apple has its place, but isn't the messiah of technology.

Darkness.
September 26th, 2012, 02:37 AM
It kind of sounds like Apple rushed iphone 5 (they probably did).

This isn't all that new. I mean, the story is new, but the whole "apple products being shit" part has been around for ages. Maybe this time all the apple fanboys and -girls will wake up and see that Apple has its place, but isn't the messiah of technology.

See, the thing is that Apple fanboy/girls will never wake up and face the truth.

DerBear
September 28th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I have to agree with the two posters above me. This idea that Apple products are good (I am not saying they are all bad) and nothing goes wrong with them is complete BS. Apple products seem to be filled with faults and when they do find out they make an apology yet still continue to sell the product without re-calling them and fixing the products to avoid any more disappointment from customers. However people will still by new apple products because they "want the latest stuff".