PDA

View Full Version : Rush hour in the skies

karl
September 18th, 2012, 04:40 PM
At any given moment there are an estimated 5,000 commercial airplanes in the skies over the United States and now there's a website that enables you to track them, in real time, on a map.
Flightradar24 makes it possible to track flights all around the world, whether commercial airliners, private jets or military aircraft.
The website's flight map is updated every couple of seconds. Using the map you can track a specific flight, mark out its route, the airport from which it departed and where it is supposed to land. You can even see its altitude and speed.

See full story and video clip here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204838/Rush-hour-skies-Real-time-map-shows-plane-air-right-now.html#ixzz26rNDtBRe

HunterSteele
September 19th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Doesn't Flight Aware do this?

james wolf
September 19th, 2012, 02:44 AM
What would anyone even need this for? It looks cool though, cool, but useless.

makyoch
September 19th, 2012, 07:28 AM
This is nothing new, I've been using things like this for ages. I've even got an app on my iPod called Plane Finder.

What would anyone even need this for? It looks cool though, cool, but useless.

Plane spotters such as myself, taking part in the hobby. I like keeping tabs on Emirates 424 on it's way in to of Perth, using my scanner, and and things like this. I use a paid app called Plane Finder, it's great.

Mortal Coil
September 19th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Awesome to those with a passion for aviation, but nothing new.

Human
September 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM
On the plane list there's a 'missing' plane :o