PDA

View Full Version : adhd and autism

coolman12
September 9th, 2012, 02:29 PM
i have been diagnosed with autism and adhd and the schppool want to expell me

xXJust Jump ItXx
September 9th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I dont think there allowed to unless you did something bad... Expelling you for having a condition would be, I cant think of the word... but they cant because they cant kick someone out because of a condition, issue, etc. unless you did something bad. Theyre singling you out I guess.

DerBear
September 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
The school have no right to expel you over this. It would be discrimination.

The only way you would be expelled is if you did something really bad that would break the rules.

If they get away with it go to the press and make waves. Because this would be very unfair.

SmexiLexie510
September 20th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I understand what you mean, in regards to discrimination, but if the OP can be more specific then maybe we can help more. Do they want to expel you over something that you've done because of your adhd and autism.. that was certainly the case with me.. i impulsively did something in a hyperactive state and they wanted to expel me for what I did, even though I wasn't fully in control, but anyway.. can you tell us more?

tinalmanza
October 31st, 2012, 09:34 AM
There are many schools who provide special education for people with ADHD. Does your current school have any reason to kick you out? Misbehavior? If so, they have the right to recommend you to find another school. But, I would recommend that you find another school that will answer your problem in ADHD. You will better perform in school if the teachers are knowledgeable about your condition rather than think of ways on how to expel you. You deserve more than that.
http://music.sound-add-adhd-treatment.com/adhd-music-therapy-options/

survivor
November 24th, 2012, 07:32 PM
It would be illegal for your school to expel you for this; its discrimination.

vif859
November 24th, 2012, 11:51 PM
In addition to what everyone else has said, another thing is are they really expelling you, or is something else going on?

For example, an extremely small school might say that they are not equipped to meet your needs (ie. resource rooms, aides, etc) and recommend that you go to a school that can meet them

survivor
November 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM
In addition to what everyone else has said, another thing is are they really expelling you, or is something else going on?

For example, an extremely small school might say that they are not equipped to meet your needs (ie. resource rooms, aides, etc) and recommend that you go to a school that can meet them
I go to an extremely small school (200 people grades 9-12) and I have autism, ADHD, OCD, and a Calcium deficiency and I have not once been referred to another school. Most small schools are the best for special ed.

Mikedamaniak
November 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Did they make you accept help from a councillor or psychologist, but you refused angrily and repeatedly? That to me doesn't sound like reason to expel, but school admin can be really strange. I dunno about your school, but at mine, they're on you in a flash.

Caver
November 30th, 2012, 02:25 PM
That is certainly not allowed; unless you broke a school rule or done something real bad. I highly doubt they will expel you because this is not fair treating people differently because they have a disorder.

unusedaccount
January 15th, 2013, 04:37 PM
i have been diagnosed with autism and adhd and the schppool want to expell me

If you attend a state funded school then they can't. Quite frankly, if they have said they want to expel you because you have Autism, I would lodge a complaint. That is completely unacceptable.

WickedWeekend
January 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM
This is very illegal. As others said, this is discrimination. Look into why they want to expel you, because there is most likely another, complete different reason for this.

rocketsheep
March 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
fffff