PDA

View Full Version : Getting neg repped by half the staff?

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 12:42 PM
So recently, last night, I got neg repped by 5 different staff members, all on one of 2 threads I've posted on, all within the same hour (some minutes apart), and some of the comments they left, didn't make sense. (ie. on this (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1925873#post1925873) thread the comment left was I highly disagree with this. You think you know everything here, and never consider others' opinions on anything. ~StoppingTime and I disagree. ~Mirage)

So is this all really a 'coincidence', that I got repped by 4-5 different VT staff members, all within the same hour, all one 1 of 2 threads I posted on? It went from a staggering 51 rep power, to a 22 rep power.

TheMatrix
September 9th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Staff members are just like any other members: we can add or subtract reputation if we want to. We have opinions, too.

And if you haven't already, take a look at this FAQ article (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_staff) ;)

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Staff members are just like any other members: we can add or subtract reputation if we want to. We have opinions, too.

And if you haven't already, take a look at this FAQ article (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_staff) ;)

Yes, I respect that. I agree they can rep freely. But whats weird, is 4-5 staff members neg repped me on one thread or another thread, all within the same hour. Minutes apart those neg reps were. Them being minutes apart is to much of a coincidence. If it were weeks apart, sure a coincidence. If it were days apart, sure a coincidence. But minutes? 5-10 minutes? 20 minutes?

Then Stoppingtime neg repped me on a post, that didnt even need to get neg repped for. How does saying I post a considerable amount, and I put tons of thought it most every post I post. deserve a comment like I highly disagree with this. You think you know everything here, and never consider others' opinions on anything. ~StoppingTime that? It doesnt even make sense, he said "you think you know everything here" on a comment where i said "i post a considerable amount, and i put tons of thought it most evvery post i post" (spelling error which was supposed to be "and i put tons of thought in most every post i post") What I said doesnt make sense with what he said about me knowing everything on here.

Foamy
September 9th, 2012, 01:03 PM
All members have their reasons for reputation. Talk to them about it, and I believe there is an option to "turn rep off". Don't let it bother you.

Jess
September 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM
All members have their reasons for reputation. Talk to them about it, and I believe there is an option to "turn rep off". Don't let it bother you.

but turning rep off doesn't prevent you from getting rep...

@Tacitus: don't let it bother you...you can, like foamy said, talk to the staff members who neg repped you about it, and maybe you can pm an admin to remove them

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 01:06 PM

its not really about rep. im mad because i believe this is abuse of power. i mean, this is no coincidence, and i have tried. but only one person has replied.

@Jess
I cant because i talked to one of them before to remove the rep i had received which said "You're Stupid ~TheJoker" and so he said alright here you go, but dont worry about rep. And one of them who neg repped me was an admin. im kinda in between 2 boulders...

i know it sounds dumb. but i believe that there was some sort of planning to all this

TheMatrix
September 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Yes, I respect that. I agree they can rep freely.
And yet:

But whats weird, is 4-5 staff members neg repped me on one thread or another thread, all within the same hour. Minutes apart those neg reps were. Them being minutes apart is to much of a coincidence. If it were weeks apart, sure a coincidence. If it were days apart, sure a coincidence. But minutes? 5-10 minutes? 20 minutes?
So? If someone, staff member or not, sees a post they don't agree with, they can give reputation to that user. Perhaps they all saw it around the same time. It happens. We're all in different timezones, and online around the same times.

Then Stoppingtime neg repped me on a post, that didnt even need to get neg repped for. How does saying deserve a comment like that?
That is a question you'd have to ask the user who posted it. There is no use in whining about it on the forum, as you'll only get more of what seems to irk you: negative reputation.

It doesnt even make sense, he said "you think you know everything here" on a comment where i said "i post a considerable amount, and i put tons of thought it most evvery post i post"
Let me put it this way: Personally, that makes all the sense in the world to me.

What I said doesnt make sense with what he said about me knowing everything on here.
Well, actually...

its not really about rep. im mad because i believe this is abuse of power.
Oh just go away. If you start using that as your argument, then you've already lost, especially since it isn't "abuse of power". I don't expect you to admit that, though.

i mean, this is no coincidence, and i have tried. but only one person has replied.
Alright, prove it.

And one of them who neg repped me was an admin. im kinda in between 2 boulders...
Like I said, staff members are just like any other members because they can give you reputation. If you have a problem with it, feel free to contact them, but we get the final say in whether it gets removed or not.

AppealToReason
September 9th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Well if it was staff who repped you, not much you can do about. I can't say whether it was planned or not, but the "You're stupid" comment was inappropriate, so don't feel too bad.
I think the problem some people may have with your post is that sometimes your posts do not come across as well-written or thought out. I know you post a bit in ROTW and some of your posts do come across as a know-it-all who doesn't consider others opinions.
Don't take it too hard. I doubt it was planned, but there is nothing you can do if it was. Just move on before this thread turns into a shitstorm.

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 01:24 PM
And yet:

So? If someone, staff member or not, sees a post they don't agree with, they can give reputation to that user. Perhaps they all saw it around the same time. It happens. We're all in different timezones, and online around the same times.

That is a question you'd have to ask the user who posted it. There is no use in whining about it on the forum, as you'll only get more of what seems to irk you: negative reputation.

Let me put it this way: Personally, that makes all the sense in the world to me.

Well, actually...

Oh just go away. If you start using that as your argument, then you've already lost, especially since it isn't "abuse of power". I don't expect you to admit that, though.

Alright, prove it.

Like I said, staff members are just like any other members because they can give you reputation. If you have a problem with it, feel free to contact them, but we get the final say in whether it gets removed or not.
yep, you guys do get the final say. thats why im stuck. I can prove its more than a coincidence because i got neg repped from scarface at 5:57, then mirage at 6:03. then imcoolbeans at 6:05, then stopping time at 6:08, then time at 6:38. So as i said, minutes, apart. some even just 3 minutes apart, then today I got neg repped by some named "Derri" who is also "Silver Assassin" and someone named Tim whos "Millenium". So the only people who didnt neg rep me was Maverick, Donkey, Fuschia, and Bath.

Thunduhbuhlt
September 9th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Why is this such a big deal just because they are staff? If they wouldn't have put their names on their neg rep, you would have never known and would just move on. As most others have said, staff has a right to an opinion and if they think that a certain post deserves neg rep then by all means they can. I don't know why your complaining about something this stupid. Hell, Steven has only been on staff for a few days, how do you know he didn't neg rep you before he became a mod?

Maverick
September 9th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Honestly who cares if half the staff neg repped you? It just goes to show how low they are to gang up on someone through a meaningless medium of rep. Minutes apart is obviously not a coincidence. Its pretty immature and they really need to grow up. But don't let it bother you because what the internet forum police thinks of you has no bearing of who you are as a person.

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Why is this such a big deal just because they are staff? If they wouldn't have put their names on their neg rep, you would have never known and would just move on. As most others have said, staff has a right to an opinion and if they think that a certain post deserves neg rep then by all means they can. I don't know why your complaining about something this stupid. Hell, Steven has only been on staff for a few days, how do you know he didn't neg rep you before he became a mod?

right now i dont give a fuck about rep, obviously like anyone else, they would want that 30 rep power they lost. this is obviously misuse of their power. all minutes, literally minutes apart. I can assure you, if 5 staff members neg repped you within an hour and 2 other staff members neg repped you with 24 hours. youd be wondering "Hey, whats going on? This cannot be a mere coincidence."

Foamy
September 9th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Plus, this is a help site, and it's also possible that the mods' neg rep came from you not providing helpful insight. Your comment does seem a bit stuck up, so IMO it may have been warranted.

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Plus, this is a help site, and it's also possible that the mods' neg rep came from you not providing helpful insight. Your comment does seem a bit stuck up, so IMO it may have been warranted.

How is it stuck up saying i put thought in almost every post i post? its the truth. So for future reference, i should just lie? hmm interesting

Thunduhbuhlt
September 9th, 2012, 01:38 PM
right now i dont give a fuck about rep, obviously like anyone else, they would want that 30 rep power they lost. this is obviously misuse of their power. all minutes, literally minutes apart. I can assure you, if 5 staff members neg repped you within an hour and 2 other staff members neg repped you with 24 hours. youd be wondering "Hey, whats going on? This cannot be a mere coincidence."

Surely the staff didn't all come together and say "Let's all neg rep this one post for no reason." Sorry but that just doesn't seem realistic. Did you ever think that your post offended all of those people? And sometimes, mods are on at the same time, looking at the same threads. Which is just a coincidence. And to be quite honest, they're right to neg rep you on that. Moral of this thread: bad posts=neg rep.

Rayquaza
September 9th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Be glad your reputation is green. The people with worrying reputation (the line of red blocks) are the ones that could have good reason to complain about it. Don't let it get to you. Take into consideration that they all signed it too. If they weren't signed, you probably would not have made a deal of it. The admins are fair so you should still contact them.
There are many threads about reputation so making another isn't going to help that much. Besides, reputation is meaningless. It contributes nothing to the forum.
Be the better man. Don't respond to answers that you disagree with (in case of an argument brewing) and go to someone of authority.

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Surely the staff didn't all come together and say "Let's all neg rep this one post for no reason." Sorry but that just doesn't seem realistic. Did you ever think that your post offended all of those people? And sometimes, mods are on at the same time, looking at the same threads. Which is just a coincidence. Moral of this thread: bad posts=neg rep.

interestingg that you think that. so 5 staff members, saw one of 2 of the same threads i got neg repped on. at the same time, within 3 minutes apart, then another staff member, neg repped me on the same thing, within a few hours apart from those other neg reps i receive another neg rep from a staff on that same thread. yeah that makes sense that was pure coincidence *sarcasm*

@Shadow

Well i cant really do anything when the admin himself neg repped me. yes i understand its just rep. thats not my full problem. my problem is tht it was obviously planned.

Foamy
September 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM
How is it stuck up saying i put thought in almost every post i post? its the truth. So for future reference, i should just lie? hmm interesting

The op of that thread didn't ask for what you do, it was for an opinion of what was better. While I cannot say because I haven't read many f your posts, I do believe that you put thought into whatever you are posting. But the mods had their reasons, so...:/

AppealToReason
September 9th, 2012, 01:43 PM
^
There's no need for sarcasm when someone is trying to help you. :rolleyes:

Damn you, foamy. You shall pay in the arcade. >:c

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
The op of that thread didn't ask for what you do, it was for an opinion of what was better. While I cannot say because I haven't read many f your posts, I do believe that you put thought into whatever you are posting. But the mods had their reasons, so...:/

it was asking who was better someone who posts a lot but spams, or someone who posts little and puts tons of thought in it. and i said i post a lot, but i put a lot of thought in my posts.

@reasontoappeal

thunderbolt isnt helping, hes just saying it was a coincidence because he believes getting neg repped by 5 different staff members minutes apart on almost the same thread is a coincidence.

Thunduhbuhlt
September 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
interestingg that you think that. so 5 staff members, saw one of 2 of the same threads i got neg repped on. at the same time, within 3 minutes apart, then another staff member, neg repped me on the same thing, within a few hours apart from those other neg reps i receive another neg rep from a staff on that same thread. yeah that makes sense that was pure coincidence *sarcasm*

@Shadow

Well i cant really do anything when the admin himself neg repped me. yes i understand its just rep. thats not my full problem. my problem is tht it was obviously planned.

I can't believe you're still on this...if it was planned then it was surely fucked up, but I am about 99% sure that it wasn't and your posts just suck. There's a reason why you have 26 rep there bro.

Bath
September 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
As said throughout this whole thread, rep really doesn't matter. I know it's not nice to go down a lot in rep, but I promise you, staff did not "gang up on you" randomly for no reason. If a post is illogical, any member has the freedom to neg rep it. The staff that all neg repped you within the hour all had genuine reasons to, it wasn't a plot like hurr hurr let's neg rep Tacitus.

I know you have the freedom to do whatever you want with your rep, so I'm not commanding that you do, but I strongly suggest that you turn off your rep. It's been a big problem in the past for you. A good rep feels nice I understand, so if something happens that annoys you you can appeal to remove it. It happens every once and a while. But it shouldn't annoy you to the extent that it annoys you-- that's not rep's purpose.

So you can either appeal to have the rep removed, turn off your rep, let it go, or learn from why you were neg repped and be more cautious in the future.

That doesn't mean he's not a person too? If you talk to him nicely about it, without whining, he might see it your way. Discuss it. And there's more than one admin you know.

AppealToReason
September 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM
it was asking who was better someone who posts a lot but spams, or someone who posts little and puts tons of thought in it. and i said i post a lot, but i put a lot of thought in my posts.

@reasontoappeal

thunderbolt isnt helping, hes just saying it was a coincidence because he believes getting neg repped by 5 different staff members minutes apart on almost the same thread is a coincidence.

No, you mean he's not giving you an answer you want. He is helping, he's just not following your theory. <.<

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I can't believe you're still on this...if it was planned then it was surely fucked up, but I am about 99% sure that it wasn't and your posts just suck. There's a reason why you have 26 rep there bro.

yeah, i was at 51 rep before, bro

Foamy
September 9th, 2012, 01:50 PM

This is your reason. T.T

Thunduhbuhlt
September 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM

Refer back to a previous post where i state: bad posts=neg rep.

That's all I can say.

Cicero
September 9th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Refer back to a previous post where i state: bad posts=neg rep.

That's all I can say.

obviously i didnt make that bad of posts if i was at 51 rep power

Jimmy Page
September 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Darling
Staff talks to each other like everyone else in here does,the most likely scenario is that one of them found the thread(s),found it so fuckingly stupid that he just HAD to tell other people
And grow up dearie,please,it could have been anyone,but you just HAD to make such a big deal about it because it was staff,I'm not saying what they did was a good thing,but come on....it's just rep,and it's just the way people are,you'll see a lot of it through your life

Thunduhbuhlt
September 9th, 2012, 02:00 PM
obviously i didnt make that bad of posts if i was at 51 rep power

Let's do some comparing:

You had 51, I have 111, Pat has 111, AppealToReason has 78, MonoViolet has 246. All of those people have more rep and a similar amount of posts, no more than you do. You do the math.

Cognizant
September 9th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Jason, tbh, why are you so obsessed with your rep power? It absolutely means nothing. I don't see why you won't give rep to people under 10 power. I don't see why you keep asking people countless times to give you +rep, and I don't see why you throw a pissy-fit every time someone neg-reps you.
Seriously, if it bugs you THAT much, that you had to make a thread about it, disable rep.

Donkey
September 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I am going to leave this thread locked while I look into and discuss this situation.