PDA

View Full Version : Fatal shooting at New Jersey supermarket

karl
August 31st, 2012, 09:50 AM
A fatal shooting has taken place at a supermarket in the eastern US state of New Jersey.

Local media and police officials said three people died in the incident, reportedly including the gunman.

The shooting happened in the early hours of Friday in Old Bridge, a suburb about 25 miles (40km) from New York.

The Pathmark grocery shop was closed at the time but several workers were inside stacking shelves in preparation for opening.

Old Bridge Mayor Owen Henry told the local Asbury Park Press that the gunman was thought to be a disgruntled worker and described him as an ex-marine.

The gunman entered the store around 04:00 local time (8:00 GMT) and shot two people, before turning the gun on himself, according to reports.

Police evacuated the shop after the shooting and several of the employees were taken across the road to a TGI Friday's restaurant.

The shooting is the latest in a series of firearm incidents in the US. Earlier this month a man opened fire at a Sikh temple in the state of Wisconsin, killing six people before police shot him dead.

Weeks earlier, another gunman killed 12 people during a screening of the new Batman film at a cinema in Aurora, Colorado.

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19438776

Neptune
August 31st, 2012, 07:20 PM
RIP to all the dead.

Stronger
September 1st, 2012, 09:04 AM
I heard about this from my dad, but what is with all these shootings all of a sudden, and RIP to the woman and man shot, both were pretty young. :\

Mortal Coil
September 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah, RIP to all the dead, and I hope those whose families have been affected can move on.

Thunderstorm
September 1st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Heard about this...my family shops at Pathmark...but in New York, not NJ...what's with all the deaths in NJ lately? Armpit of the country....

canadaski
September 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Armpit of the country....

Clearly you've never seen 90% of Miami.

Jess
September 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM
sigh. RIP to the ones who died

TheBigUnit
September 1st, 2012, 10:37 PM
How many f ing shoortings has there been this summer????? I mean really

ImCoolBeans
September 1st, 2012, 10:39 PM
Hey, I know where that is. Sad to hear this - I hope the ones who died rest peacefully and that their families find peace.

Foamy
September 1st, 2012, 11:27 PM
Oh my fucking Jesus WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SHOOOOTINGS?

*sigh*

RIP to the dead.

Noxail
September 2nd, 2012, 12:02 AM
I hope that all those who died find peace, and that the families can move on. But I must say, the outburst of shootings lately makes me wonder about the state of our world. ~holli

Scarface
September 2nd, 2012, 12:14 AM
Clearly you've never seen 90% of Miami.

lol I lived there, that place IS the armpit of the country. I like to call it my poison city for a reason. Its nothing like it was in the late 70s and all through the 80s, but its still shitty nonetheless and the people are still gnarly, as always.

Unfortunate that some people gotta act on their deepest thoughts. You have to learn to control that tendency or it will control you, the latest shootings are prime examples of those letting their deepest thoughts have complete control..