PDA

View Full Version : Unsure

MemoriesLost
August 17th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Some strange things have been happening to me in the past few months. I just didn't know it was anything strange until recently... I thought these were normal. I'm gonna list them...

1. I have imaginary friends. They are my closest and favorite companions- they protect me from harm, listen to my problems, and love me as much as I love them. I talk to them often and I see them... Inside my head? I don't know. I've had them since around third grade... I'm 14 now. There's Snowball, who takes the form of a snow tiger sometimes to protect me but his human form is tall, pale white spikey hair, and bright red eyes. There's Jolene. who takes the form of a human with tar black hair and deep black eyes- but she's not human. She's a faerie. The last one is Allistor, who takes the form of a big metal dragon, but can be a human-like form.

2. Shadows move. I see shadows of things like trash cans or counters- or anything really- and they move into other shapes. I always assumed it was my imagination messing with me and never though much of it.

3. I get lost in my own mind. Sometimes I'll just be going through old memories like a file folder and forget things like where I am, what I was doing, etc. Most of the time when I do this I can't hear what people may be saying to me or can't feel what they are doing to me. I'm just zoned out.

I thought everyone had them until one of my new friends at the school here asked me what I was doing. I told her about them, and she said this seems kinda like schizophrenia. This is gonna sound so freaking bizarre, but Snowball, Jolene, and Allistor are the only 'people' that keep me going. I can't imagine life without them. I feel like I should tell my mom about all this, but she would never believe me. She would think I just want attention. I just want to know what you guys think- am I just a serious dreamer or I may have a problem. Please answer as soon as you can, and sorry for the long post. Thanks.

ryan2000
August 17th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Now I must first ask: These imaginary friends: Do they have their own voices? Rather, do they actually sound like they exist? And if so, do they sound like anyone you know, or have met? For me, 2/3 sound normal... However, you may want to get your eyes checked. If you have some eye issues, they can cause vision distortions, such as the ones you see in the shadows. Also, it could be related to a lack of sleep. Do you experience insomnia? 3 is COMPLETELY normal. We all do that. :)

MemoriesLost
August 18th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Now I must first ask: These imaginary friends: Do they have their own voices? Rather, do they actually sound like they exist? And if so, do they sound like anyone you know, or have met? For me, 2/3 sound normal... However, you may want to get your eyes checked. If you have some eye issues, they can cause vision distortions, such as the ones you see in the shadows. Also, it could be related to a lack of sleep. Do you experience insomnia? 3 is COMPLETELY normal. We all do that. :)

They don't have voices. I've never heard noises come from them... I just know I've been made fun of for talking to them. As for my eyes, I didn't even think of that! Makes a lot of sense, really. I'm supposed to wear glasses, but I never ever do. It's good to know I'm not too much of a freak.

ryan2000
August 19th, 2012, 12:13 AM
The fact that they don't have voices is VERY good, it means that if you do have Schizophrenia, it's not very bad. There is also a chance that it is a mental embodiment of your childhood (or lack there of). Sometimes, our brains do not want to give up on our childhoods, or want to experience the ones we missed, (because of broken family, horrific events, etc.) and create these entities. If you ever watched the movie "Elf", they take him to the doctor, and the doctor believes he has this issue. He is having delusions because he was separated from his family at birth, and didn't experience a true childhood. So one final question: Did any circumstances come about that might convince you that your childhood was lacking?

aprilshowers
August 26th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I totally know where you are coming from with your best friends thing. I've had a voice in my head, and he's been my best friend since 2nd grade.

ColourMeScarred13
August 28th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I have a voice in my head that guides me through life, and if I'm in danger this voice stops me and brings me back to life. It saves me life most of the time, this little alarm bell ringing inside my head telling me to hold on, to keep going. Sometimes I see shadows too. I suppose I just have a big imagination but I don't think it's something to worry about and I often get lot but knowing a lot of people who do this I wouldn't worry. Sometimes I might just stare into space, I do this a lot and then am brought back to reality and forget everything that just happened. If you do feel like this, it's best just to discuss it with someone you trust even if it's not a problem. This is not a way to get attention, I hate it when people say you're doing this for attention, mostly the things we do are to keep us alive so don't worry about that. There are times in my life where I wonder if I'm normal but Schizophrenia is not a sign of weakness. Any disabilities or diseases are not a sign of weakness, they are a mark in our character that makes you the great person you are today. Try and remember that and maybe try conversing through words written down in a diary or something. If it's not too difficult when you're alone, maybe try to relax. Treat yourself and just have a few calm moments were you don't think about those friends and I agree it is good that they do not have voices. Maybe this is just a moment in you're life that's difficult and this is your way of coping. A few years back I had an obsession where each night before I went to bed I had to have everything in a particular position, I had to touch whatever my favourite thing was 13 times and do a few other routines before I could actually settle down, otherwise I was convinced something bad would happen to me. One night I forgot to do this and I felt so depressed the next day, literally shaking and nervous. But nothing ever happened. I was okay, my life was okay and I'm still alive. You're life shouldn't depend on others, and the imaginary friends won't come and change you're life. Perhaps try cutting back on the time you think about them, and see if this helps. Good luck, I'm sure everything will turn out alright xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3