PDA

View Full Version : Psychiatric Assessment for ADHD

makyoch
August 12th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Hi.
I am going to have an assessment next month for ADHD, and I'm curious as to what this whole thing comprises?

Thanks.

SmexiLexie510
August 30th, 2012, 04:08 AM
For ADHD/ADD they usually do a test called a Conners test, where you answer questions off a sheet by ticking boxes of how they apply to you (Very much, somewhat, not at all, etc). These questions relate to ADHD symptoms and situations. They usually send the test to your school to fill out, your parents and yourself. Hope this helps. I've been through it, from diagnosis to meds to therapy to here to talk if you need anything x

makyoch
August 30th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Thanks for that. :) I was a little worried, because they said that I would be sent and assessed at Graylands Hospital, which is the P&MH hospital here.

Carlsen
August 30th, 2012, 09:46 AM
There is a test were there give it to you and parents. It is called ADHD but also the name DEMP. I dont know what this means. They know already problem in school and now want how everything is in home. There is help for the problems and there will be medicine for this.

tinalmanza
October 31st, 2012, 10:19 AM
Psychiatric diagnosis would include an interview, they will ask you to answer some tests and perhaps some laboratory tests too. But, don't worry too much. Just relax and cooperate with the doctors so that you can be treated of ADHD. If you would like to get started with non-drug therapy, research says that music therapy can help improve focus, attention, learning, mood and behavior. http://music.sound-add-adhd-treatment.com/adhd-music-therapy-options/