PDA

View Full Version : ADD/HD tests are bullshit

phenol
August 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I was diagnosed with ADHD maybe 8 years ago now, only took ritalin for like 3 months before giving it up. I realized the test they do is complete bullshit designed to overdiagnose. My mom even noticed it. This is a completely false example, but it's similar to what they'd do: Let's say you read a paragraph with 300 words from a book. They ask some shit like "What was the first letter of the 58th word of the 6th sentence?" which even someone with a perfect memory couldn't do.

Anyone else noticed this?

bigfoot
August 7th, 2012, 02:00 AM
hmmm ive never been tested but that test sounds bogus.

Mortal Coil
August 7th, 2012, 03:01 AM
I've never been tested either, but that test does sound dumb.

Noxail
August 7th, 2012, 06:46 PM
That sounds like a load of bull. =// Docters just want to sell pills and suck on people's insurance. You know who you are. Don't let someone else tell you any different. ~holli

phenol
August 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Another example that I think is something they actually did, is like they had me say 10 animals out loud, then repeat them in reverse order. Really hard even for someone with a long attention span.

dantheman5000
August 9th, 2012, 11:28 PM
i was never testedd that way but i do believe its overly diagnosed. and is become an excuse or something to poke fun with i.e people oh he's stupid he must have ADD. using it as an insult. its an excuse to be lazy.

baseballfan
March 16th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I was diagnosed with ADHD maybe 8 years ago now, only took ritalin for like 3 months before giving it up. I realized the test they do is complete bullshit designed to overdiagnose. My mom even noticed it. This is a completely false example, but it's similar to what they'd do: Let's say you read a paragraph with 300 words from a book. They ask some shit like "What was the first letter of the 58th word of the 6th sentence?" which even someone with a perfect memory couldn't do.

Anyone else noticed this?

That sounds really suspicious.

DerBear
April 1st, 2013, 09:26 AM
Please don't dump old threads :locked: