PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned?

JackShephard
July 20th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Okay, this is kind of personal to me and something I have yet to share with anyone on VT. I would appreciate support and advice.

Seeing things or people that aren't actually there is a common occurrence for me. (by common i mean more than usualy for most people. Its not like every day. But common enough to be aware of it) And I don't believe in ghosts. so that only leaves one explanation: I'm crazy. I'm not usually bothered by it. And the people almost always never talk to me. They are usually in my peripherals and only for a split second. Sometimes for longer. I can say that one time, (after a very traumatic loss) I walked past a nurse. This nurse shared the face of that someone who had died not too long ago. Sometimes I hear voices out of the blue too. Usually too distant or quiet to make any sense of.

My family on my moms side has a history of neurological disorders. Grandma mom and I have chronic migraines, depression runs in the family (although I myself am lucky enough to not have it.) and dementia is also something that has been in the family but only when we get really old (I'm guessing that's just age and not genetics)

All in all, it's not really a scary thing and I can always tell what's real and what's not. Should I go see someone about this? I don't want to be put on meds. And I am perfectly happy the way I am now. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. And who said it has to be mental illness. Could it be just lack of sleep or something like that? I just don't want it so progress in later years and become something uncomfortable for me.

Mirage
July 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM
All in all, it's not really a scary thing and I can always tell what's real and what's not. And I am perfectly happy the way I am now. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. And who said it has to be mental illness. Could it be just lack of sleep or something like that?

If it doesn't bother you at all, just consider it a gift and move on with your life. I'm actually quite curious as to what the people say to you (when they do). Please shoot me a PM and give me some more details!

~Mirage

December
July 20th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I believe that if what you see is not causing you a large amount of fear or stress or disrupting your life, then you probably don't need to see anyone about it. I am not telling you, however, that you shouldn't seek help if you feel like you need to or just want to talk to someone about it, but it sounds to me like your happiness is not being impeded upon by what you are experiencing. However, if you are concerned about it progressing into something worse, it couldn't hurt to talk to a professional or your doctor just to clear things up and get some answers, so if you have questions, you might consider seeing someone.

Sorry if that was contradictory in any way, mostly, I would just do what you feel is right, and hope for the best :) . After all, if you decide not to see anyone now, you can always go later if you feel like it is worsening or change your mind about it.

Sheriff McGregor
July 20th, 2012, 11:44 PM
maybe u hav the gift 2 b a medium:cool:

JackShephard
July 21st, 2012, 04:21 AM
maybe u hav the gift 2 b a medium:cool:

Funny you say that. My grandmother (one with migraines) was a medium once. She gave it up for spiritual reasons. Personally, I do not believe in ghosts.

@mirage. I am trying to send you a message, but VT is being a butthole and saying there is some error with sending it. So here you go.

Usually disembodied voices. I can almost never clearly hear what is said but if I do, it usually pertains to something significant at that particular moment. Noises like a buzzing or something ambient like that is also something I hear once in a while. Nothing real scary like a voice telling me to kill my family. Just random bits of noises and a few words usually spoken by a man. Actually I don't think I can recall a time that it was ever a woman.