PDA

View Full Version : Beginning stages of Schizophrenia?

workingatperfect
July 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Issue resolved. Mods, please lock.

StoppingTime
July 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Personally, I've never heard of ear ringing to be a sign of schizophrenia. I don't see how it could be proven that anxiety causes ear ringing. I get it from time to time, as do many other people I know, and I don't think they have schizophrenia/ It may just be something with the inner ear (Eustachian Tube problems or the like) and an ENT (Ear-Nose-Throat Physician) would have to look at it. However, you could start by asking your General Practitioner , and going from there. I, nor anyone here can know for sure, but I have never heard that as a symptom. If you haven't already, I recommend reading this (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13538), as it has very useful information on schizophrenia.

workingatperfect
July 15th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Personally, I've never heard of ear ringing to be a sign of schizophrenia. I don't see how it could be proven that anxiety causes ear ringing. I get it from time to time, as do many other people I know, and I don't think they have schizophrenia/ It may just be something with the inner ear (Eustachian Tube problems or the like) and an ENT (Ear-Nose-Throat Physician) would have to look at it. However, you could start by asking your General Practitioner , and going from there. I, nor anyone here can know for sure, but I have never heard that as a symptom. If you haven't already, I recommend reading this (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13538), as it has very useful information on schizophrenia.

Yeah, I didn't really see how the ear ringing really tied into his other problems except that it affects his sleep, as does the schizophrenia.
I figured it was probably a coincidence, but I thought I'd get some other opinions before I went so far as to see somebody about it.
And yeah, thanks I read it earlier. And I've definitely exhibited quite a few of those symptoms, which worries me a bit more.

StoppingTime
July 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
If you are worried, then talk to your doctor. They can send you to the correct mental professional if they feel it is possible.

redknight
July 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM
talk tto a doctor diuid3, notn sure ablue u man, not sure about u dude

Fractured Silhouette
July 17th, 2012, 12:56 AM
I have the same problem, I can't sleep without a fan making a noise otherwise I get a really loud ringing in my ears. I don't think it's schizophrenia though.

ThatPsycho
July 29th, 2012, 08:37 PM
The ringing in your ears could be caused by tinnitus, which is hearing sounds in your ear when there is no external source, so maybe you should think about seeing your doctor about that. I think I have tinnitus because I often hear ringing or other sounds when I am trying to get to sleep.

Mikedamaniak
September 6th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I dunno about the ear ringing but apparently scitzophrenia causes you to imagine various sounds. Tinnitus is also completely different from ear ringing, it's a rumbling sound that occurs when the ear canals become congested, you can get it when you have a cold or sinus infection and even a tiny bit when you swallow heavily, and can even happen at random.

ThatPsycho
September 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I dunno about the ear ringing but apparently scitzophrenia causes you to imagine various sounds. Tinnitus is also completely different from ear ringing, it's a rumbling sound that occurs when the ear canals become congested, you can get it when you have a cold or sinus infection and even a tiny bit when you swallow heavily, and can even happen at random.

It's not just a rumbling sound - it can be ringing sounds too, but yeah.

BrainDamage
October 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I thought everyone hears the "ear ringing" thing...

ThatPsycho
October 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I thought everyone hears the "ear ringing" thing...

I think most people hear "ear ringing" at some point but I was talking about hearing it most of the time when it's silent.

workingatperfect
October 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I'm sure they do. The issue wasn't so much the ringing, but more the effect it had on me. Migraine, sickness, temporary insomnia, etc.

In any case, the issue is now resolved.

BrainDamage
October 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I think most people hear "ear ringing" at some point but I was talking about hearing it most of the time when it's silent.

I was too...

workingatperfect
October 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Hearing it anytime it's silent, and even when there is noise is cause by tinnitus, it is common, but no, not everybody hears it all the time.

aprilshowers
October 19th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I've heard of people who had ears ringing and then it evolved into voices...

Carbarrawr
October 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Honestly, to me, it doesn't sound like schizophrenia. Then again, I am not an expert in the disorder and I don't know the VERY beginning stages because I have had schizophrenic symptoms for as long as I can remember. But I wouldn't worry about it too much right now, because there are so many other things that have to do with ear ringing, and they're also a lot more likely.

StoppingTime
October 22nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
OP Requested. :locked: