PDA

View Full Version : anxious about anxiety

johngotti
July 10th, 2012, 10:25 AM
okay, so im pretty sure i have anxiety, im consistantly agitated, anxious (-.-) and uncomfortable, i also accompany almost all the physical sympthoms to it, thays not the problem. ive asked my mom if i can go to a doctor to test for it or to be evaluated, and she refuses to because she thinks ive been lieing, and i would lie if we went to a doctor so i can get anxiety medications. i think im legitimately suffering to the point where it interferes with how i function in every day life, all im asking her is to be evaluated by a doctor, does anyone have any suggestions on how i can convince her to allow me to visit a doctor? also this might be the wrong forum, there are like 3-4 different sections.

Sonic Boom
July 10th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Well, it's almost impossible to lie to a licensed psychiatrist. They will ask you questions that sound very much unrelated to anxiety, and so your mother (who will be sitting next to you) will not be able to tell if you are "lying". Perhaps even offer to pay for the consultation with the psychiatrist- sacrifice your spending money to show her that you are actually experiencing difficulties.

I really hope she understands. The medication makes such a difference and helps realize your true potential. :)