PDA

View Full Version : rep

madea rocks
July 9th, 2012, 06:05 PM
What does red rep symbol mean and what do black rep symbols mean?

StoppingTime
July 9th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Read this (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation) to learn about the rep system.

Red blocks of reputation means the member has negative reputation.
Grey blocks of reputatoin mean the user has disabled the view of reputation, or someone who has neutral reputation (0 points or less) left you a reputation.

DerBear
July 9th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Red is negative rep

Green is positive rep

Grey rep is Neutral rep

Cognizant
July 9th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Black ones mean that the member has hidden their rep.

DerBear
July 10th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Black ones mean that the member has hidden their rep.

I don't think that is a kind of rep though

When they give gray rep this is neutral rep. It does not harm their reputation as they had no rep to begin with.

ImCoolBeans
July 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I don't think that is a kind of rep though

When they give gray rep this is neutral rep. It does not harm their reputation as they had no rep to begin with.

I think he means when somebody has multiple blocks of grey rep. In that case, he is right. When a user has multiple blocks of grey rep displayed it means that they are choosing to not display their rep publicly, nor do they see it on the user CP

Rayquaza
July 10th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I think he means when somebody has multiple blocks of grey rep. In that case, he is right. When a user has multiple blocks of grey rep displayed it means that they are choosing to not display their rep publicly, nor do they see it on the user CP

When someone disables their rep, I'm sure only one grey/black block appears. There isn't much point in it though, all it does is hide the amount of blocks you have and hide who you have given rep to in the User CP, you can still see if you have received any. Everyone still shows their rep power too.

ImCoolBeans
July 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
When someone disables their rep, I'm sure only one grey/black block appears. There isn't much point in it though, all it does is hide the amount of blocks you have and hide who you have given rep to in the User CP, you can still see if you have received any. Everyone still shows their rep power too.

It might show up differently for me because I'm a mod then, because when I see people like Bradi (kenoloor) with rep disabled it shows multiple blocks of grey.

Cognizant
July 11th, 2012, 02:44 AM
It might show up differently for me because I'm a mod then, because when I see people like Bradi (kenoloor) with rep disabled it shows multiple blocks of grey.

Yeah, for me it shows up as one solid black bar, and hovering over it says "___ has a disabled reputation."