PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to do

July 26th, 2007, 03:39 AM
ever since i was about 5 years old my dad got imjured at work and has massive back injuries from which he'll never recover and every year it gets worse and worse. But lately my dad went to the dentist and they triggered some kind of nerve in his mouth and now he gets a pain so increadibly bad that he starts crying and says he's going to do. Not only do i feel helpless that i cant help him because now this new mouth problem will never go away either the doctors said so and his back only gets worse.the problem is i dont know how to deal with it anymore,since i can remember i always tried to ignore this problem and it has seem to worked but as my family gets more and more stressed from him being in pain and hes always angry which makes everyone else angry and i try to ignore all this and try to remain happy.But lately its escalated and i cant ignore it no more my dad now has to be rushed to emergency sometimes and im getting this anger built up inside and sometimes i let it out on my family. seeing a counciler is not a option and if ur confused by my post dont worry just ask and ill re explain my dad was just sent to the hospital so im kinda stressed plz give some tips.

Ironic Infidel In England
July 26th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Try painting, drawing, playing music, going for a walk. They can often help stress.

Remember to keep telling your dad that you love him. This is hard on you, but he has to live with being injured for the rest of his life. It is much harder on him than you, and he's probably scared his family won't care for him now he's injured.

May I ask how old you are? and how old your dad is?

Maverick
July 26th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Mental Illnesses :arrow: Mental Crisis

Ironic Infidel covered a lot what I was about to say. Sometimes you just need to get away from the situation sometimes. You're a teenager and it sounds like your dad has family to help him out. So you shouldn't feel guilty going to a friend's house for a day or even a couple days just so you can relax and get away from everything. I had a lot of issues at home and getting away sometimes gives you a clear head by the time you come back.

Try painting, drawing, playing music, going for a walk. They can often help stress.I agree.

July 26th, 2007, 02:38 PM
im 16 and hes 45 by the way.

IAMSAM
July 27th, 2007, 01:55 PM
of normalcy. I can understand why that would enrage all of you, it's just not fair!

Living in constant stress takes it's toll, and you have to acknowledge that as a family and try to work together to alleviate it. Maybe you could tell your dad about your feelings about his constant pain and the way he expresses it, maybe he could control it a little? Often, when people are in pain they don;t realize how it effects those around them, they are, afterall, the one suffering. Maybe he could do more to appreciate your reaction to it.

People living in these conditions often do best when they take extra good care of themselves, finding creative outlets, being with friends, getting away, surrounding themselves (at least some of the time) with normalcy. Try to do that.

July 28th, 2007, 02:30 AM
thanks alot for the help guys.Ive decided to go get a job and they hired me and i start on monday.

I'm cool like spongebob
July 29th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Good luck with your job, that should help a lot.

Alex

Charleigh
August 16th, 2009, 04:46 AM
i draw =] its also helped my art grade as well =]

teenanx94
August 16th, 2009, 11:38 PM
congrats on your job. I also have a very stressful life and music helped me through it. try that. I hope this helps.